I Am Officially Done With Taco Bell

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by r0llinstoned, Jan 15, 2017.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I did try those, they are decent. Nothing to write home about.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  2. It Is a fry that is not yours

RainyDayHype, quark and Tyrsonswood like this.
  3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Ayyyyyy good one

Rahab likes this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Taco Bell is horrible. There have been a few times it tasted okay, but their food resources must be the cheapest of the cheap, to keep the food so cheap. :oops:

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Word...

Have you tried the Rattlesnake Fries?

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I love it when this thread pops back up.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

not yet, ive seen the commercials for those and the burrito. im sure ill try em soon though. you?

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No, I haven't tried any of the fries.

9. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Del taco introduced their new beyond 'meat' veggie taco today. Woo. They're really good.

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

So I had to run into Taco Bell for work-related reasons this week. I hadn't been inside of a Taco Bell for at least a decade. Holy shit, is that place depressing--the lighting, the decor, the menu, the people eating there (the fact that there were people eating there at 11 am on a Tuesday). I just don't know.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i rarely go into a taco bell myself, but i feel like they're typically more bright and open than most fast food restaurants.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I wonder if this one had not been updated/renovated? I had to use a bathroom at a McDonald's recently and was pretty surprised to see how fancy and bright it was.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Is that that plant protein "I cant believe its not meat" stuff?

A burger chain here introduced it recently, I have yet to try the stuff

RainyDayHype likes this.
  14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I have tried it before, it's not quite the same, but it's pretty convincing. Actually enjoyable in it's own right.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's something called soylent (not to be confused with soy! :p). No idea what that is

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

No, isn't soylent a drink that is supposed to offer perfect nutrition? I think Beyond Meat is a really convincing meat substitute.

17. Asmodean

Oh, its a real thing too these days? :D

I was hinting at a scifi movie called Soylent green. Not ment serious in any way! The poor rely on a food called soylent which appears in the end to have a disturbing basis ;)

I'm not familiar with Beyond meat (yet)! I do think there's a couple of restaurants in the Netherlands as well serving their 'meat' already, i read something about it. Would definitely give it a try

18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Oh, interesting! I bet they based the name for Soylent the actual product from that scifi movie. I had a buddy who was really into drinking Soylent because it was so efficient. But liquid meals have never been of interest for me.

Fake meat is a weird thing. Since I don't eat meat normally, people tend to buy or serve me imitation meat products at dinners and gatherings, but it isn't something I would necessarily order myself. I wonder if folks assume that I miss eating animals or the taste of them or something. But anyway someone gave me Beyond Meat chili that they had made. It was pretty good!

19. Asmodean

I mainly wanna try that fake meat burger I read about (i think of Beyond meat, but it could be their main US competition. I read there are two american companies going most succesfully at developing fake meat and placing it in the market) just to verify its as good as it supposedly is. Not to possibly replace my meat intake as a whole.
    I'm also mildly interested in liquid food. But just out of interest what it does for others. Definitely not to make it a big part of my diet.

I'm still aiming to eat less meat. But not no meat.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Any little change helps :).

Yeah, I would try Soylent, but I can't imagine eschewing eating solid foods for any real length of time. I know so many people who try to lose weight by buying into those dieting schemes where they sell you "shakes" that you replace meals with. Like, I don't know a single thin person who survives on a liquid diet. It just isn't sustainable.