I am leaving in 14 days ... a poll

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by Claire, Jan 5, 2005.

?

What should we do with this forum?

1. Close it down, it's had its day... no-ones listening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Leave it running with a new Moderator

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Leave it running with no Moderator

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. Other... give me your idea below

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Claire

Claire Senior Member

OK in 14 days I will be leaving as moderator of this forum... please vote on what you think we should do with this forum...

Love Clairexxx

2. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I think its all well and good getting a new moderator, but it's a lot of responsibility.

So if nobody comes forward who has the time and the motivation to do it then it should be closed.

I'm happy for Claire to continue; but she doesn't want to, she's done the job for a long time and should be supported for whatever decision she makes ... and applauded for the effort she's put into this place so far.

3. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

would be a shame for it to go but will be hard to keep it going I guess without a moderator...

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

thanks Paul:)

sorry if i'm pissing people off:& ... it's just difficult to keep rolling... unless i am constantly trawling and updating i feel it would go under.

a lot of people like reading whats going on but not many people contribute unless it's people having a go...

I just feel the effort i put it isn't reeping much rewards... not for me personally i just mean most people don't really go to any of the stuff on here...

I am on the forums midweek a lot but i just like to chill out with you lot and have fun cos at weekends i am soo busy...

It really just need someone willing to do a trawl on the net once a week for info, someone who is a member of a few protesting groups maybe... and then for them to make a few threads up and update the calendar and support people who post things up themselves.

I loved doing it this last year... but have no energy left for it...

Sorry to ramble...

Love Clairexxx

p.s. Maybe it would be a good project for a politics or environmental student? could use it on your ucas application maybe? dunno just an idea?

5. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Thanks Sar:)

I'll just go with what people think is best me thinks...

keep talking to me people:p

Love Clairexxx

6. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I'm able to mod the forum, but wouldn't have enough time or energy to put into it along with the main board. Claire's put so much effort into this and it's been a great success I think, it would be a shame to close it down. My vote for a new mod would either go to Paul or Jon, or both....

7. Claire

Claire Senior Member

hmm Jon's shown an interest... we'll see

8. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

Definatelywould be good for it to stay..I would do it myself but I don't even have time to sit down some days let alone moderate a forum...

but you have done an ace job up to now Claire so don't feel guilty..

9. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Ta mate:)

I know you're busy Rich don't worry.... that's the problem, the people who are the most interested in going to these things are too busy doing it rather than sitting infront of a pc:p

I think the people who contribute productively would already be at these events anyway....

Love Clairexxx

10. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Let it run ... make a few - or more - people moderators, then people can do it if and when they have the time and inclination. I'm all for democracy in such circumstances. Having just one moderator is great though, just look at the main forum under Sal, I love Sal... :p

11. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Good idea.:)

12. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

So if Claire has been moderator, then what is Skip's title? For some reason I thought Skip was sorta in charge of this site.

13. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Skip is Webmaster... I have been moderator of UK Parties and Protests not the whole site:rolleyes:

I see your point.

That's all well and good but let's not forget I actually paid for this forum, as has every other moderator of the UK sub communities. Whoever takes it over will have to be a hip forums supporter and pay an annual (small) fee for the forum.

I can't see Skip agreeing to all the faff of a commitee of people to moderate this forum... It's a tiny personal forum... I don't think it's that important to warrent the hassle.

Let's not forget this is a personal forum NOT a public one... I think the fact that Skip linked it to the main UK community has confused that issue in a lot of peoples minds.

If I leave it running with no moderator the fee I paid will run out and it will go into the abyss anyway. (I hadn't actually thought of that when I put the poll up).

Love Clairexxx

14. roly

roly Senior Member

congratulations claire for everything you have done for this forum....wonderful job..sorry u hav to leave...
    Roly.xxx

15. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Thanks Roly:)

Love Clairexxx

p.s. Sorry to seem so dramatic about it, but i just wanted to be fair to the people that are into the forum...:&