I am being forced to lose weight .....

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by crummyrummy, Jun 2, 2004.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

........by my employer. I need balanced recipes that are tasty while not being extremely fattening .
    anyone got any good recipes?
    I am kinda looking for breffest/lunch kinda meals. eating late is evil!!!!!!

2. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

Uncle Sam is making you lose weight?.....i find that so laughable....

i'm going to try to help you out though.....

Here's an interesting sandwich to try....a hummus club sandwich

3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
    2 tablespoons water
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon tahini (sesame-seed paste)
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
    Whole wheat bread slices
    Shredded Bibb lettuce
    tomato slices
    Red onion slices
    Cucumber slices
    Alfalfa sprouts

Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, unless you already have prepared hummus. Spread 2 tablespoons hummus, more if you like, over 1 bread slice; top with lettuce, tomato slices, onion slice, bread slice, cucumber, sprouts, and bread slice. Cut sandwich diagonally into quarters; secure with wooden picks.

3. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Oh good lord that sounds delicious!

4. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

crummy....you should get one of those electric woks....

stirfry is very good for you...and there are unlimited amounts of different combonations that you can come up with.....

5. crummyrummy

I have been considering it fer a bit. I got caught with my crock and skillet recently(apparently its a fire hazzard!!!!!!) and now have to hide them, but I still got some more space to hide gear.....

6. teepi

teepi living my dream

Ahhh Crummy,

Hugs to you,

I watch my weight as i lost over 100 lbs and am striving to keep it off, got a few more to lose so I follow a low-fat high fiber way of eating.

I'm not familiar with your situation as far as the contrban??(SP??)
    I do bake and if you do or you use sugar for anything Splenda is a great sustitute....it is actually sucralose...made from sugar(sucrose) but does not get digested the same way thus not causing spikes in blood sugar that give you the sugar high then the crash...also does not give you the cravings sugar will.
    It is 24 calories per cup vs. 770 calories for a cup of sugar.
    I use it all the time now and buy it in large bags at wal-mart.

I also use unsweetened applesauce in place of oil when I bake most muffin and cake recipes call for 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oil.

Instead of eggs i use the whites. I buy a dozen eggs then crack 10 and seperate the whites into a bowl the last 2 I add the whole thing yolk and white, then I stir 'em good and put in a jar in the fridge...my version of egg beaters...cheaper...I am so cheap...

A good breakfast is a whole wheat tortilla...get the 1 gram of fat one's(wal-mart)
    Pour just a tad of olive oil in the wok or skillet,
    Add a bit of chopped onion,green peppers and mushrooms,saute that till soft.
    Add 1/4 cup of the above cheapo egg beaters,stir it around till set.
    Take out of pan onto a plte then lay the tortilla in the pan for about 10 seconds till soft, lay on a plate and scoop the egg stuff on it sprinkle with some shredded non-fat cheddar, roll that baby up and you've got breakfast.

I also make a smoothie with protein powder, a banana, a scoop of tofu (silken) or soy milk, a splash of oj and ice.

oatmeal is a good breakfast...with chopped apple,raisins,and nuts with a squirt of maple syrup.

For lunch i eat tuna with chopped fresh spinach, sunflower seeds, shredded carrots and red onion with a little lowfat mayo (the no-fat mayo sucks) in a whole wheat pita.
    Soup is a good lunch too just read your labels and watch your sodium.
    If you need more help PM me.
    teepi

7. blugirrl1

blugirrl1 Member

wow teepi, over 100 pounds that rocks. !! :)

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Have you ever heard the saying "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper."? The trouble is, most poeple get it backwards, and a lot of people don't even eat breakfast......(like me, for example..oops)

9. crummyrummy

Yeah....its hard to get motivated that earyl in the AM...(PM in my case I work nights)