I almost got hit!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by plastic bagism, Mar 17, 2008.

1. plastic bagism

plastic bagism Member

I was walking from my apartment to the grocery store, and as I was crossing the street in the crosswalk (no cars were coming), some guy speeds around the corner. If he wasn't going so fast and was paying attention, he would have seen me sooner and stopped way before he got close to me. Instead, he had to swerve when he was about three feet in front of me. Luckily, he didn't hit any cars in the opposite lane.

I was in a state of shock; I was shaking and crying as other pedestrians stopped to see if I was alright. A couple of them walked me home because I could barely stand on my own.

This happened three hours ago and I am still shaking!

2. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

You should go do something soothing. That is REALLY shitty of that driver. Did he not even stop to check on you? I cant stand reckless speeding. Im sorry that happened to you.

3. plastic bagism

plastic bagism Member

No, he sped off right after. So shitty.

As far as something soothing goes, my boyfriend just whipped up a batch of mojitos. I should be able to stop shaking after a few of those. ;)

4. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

hhaha! Not stopped for too long though :D

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

Ive had that happen to me before...... I had the signal to cross in the crosswalk, and this driver was turning right and they honked at me as they cut in front of me. I was so irate. I flipped them off too.

6. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

People can be such assholes sometimes

7. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

I almost got hit while carrying my baby (he was three months at the time) Jerk was on his fucking cell phone and got mad at ME for being in HIS way.

I went right up to his window, but the coward wouldn't open it and sped off.

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i've had somethign similar happen...i was on my way to physical therapy - still using crutches from knee surgery. car speeds around the corner on a no-turn on red...slams his breaks about a foot away from me. yea...i put a huge dent on his hood and walked off - well, hobbled off. needless to say, i needed a new crutch

glad your ok :)

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

reminds me of that scene in midnight cowboy where dustin hoffmans character slams his hand on that taxi's hood and yells, HEY IM WALKIN HEAH, IM WALKIN HEAH!

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That's crazy. I was almost hit today as well.

I was riding back from the tobacco store to campus, and I was riding through this one big intersection. I had green to go (on my bike), but there was this car that was going towards me at a ridiculous speed. I made it past it, but I had to take a big curve on the road and hold up traffic so that I didn't get hid by it. Asshole ran a red light doing around 70 on a 50... at 4 in the afternoon too. I hope that he crashed and suffered a horribly slow death.

11. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i really have no idea what is happening

and what is happening is wrong
    i cannot discuss it

12. Waking Life

Waking Life Cool looking idiot

sounds like someone had a decent night!

13. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

You're home, alright and you're exceptionally strong. The things that happen do not last.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm surprised we all haven't been. frequently. the way the automobile is worshipped like it was some kind of diety or something.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Thats happened to me a few times, and more so now that i live off of the feeder road of Texa's biggest and most used interstate. people seem to have a problem with us pedestrians and bike riders, its as if they think they have the right to ignore traffic laws coz theyre in cars, much less running into these motherfuckers in souped up trucks 4 feet off the ground. I was at an intersection where the cars from the feeder could turn left, and my light to walk was green, so i start walking and this little camry with about 6 mexicans and 4 kids skids to a stop about 3 paces away and one kid flies in the front seat, i turn, glare and i swung my fucking purse with all my might onto the hood and started yelling telling her what a dumb **** she was, and of course, all she did was smile.. grrrrr.. i hate it that when they do something bad they just smile. drives me up the fucking wall.. now, i am mexican myself, and i do speak spanish, but when im mad i cant and stutter coz i cant get the words out. Anyway, so i stand in front of her fucking car and tell her what she's gonna die of, and a bike cop pulls up and sees her with all 4 children without seatbelts and then has the nerve to ask me to translate.. i was beyond words after my rant i took off before i got pissed again and told him all about how she almost ran me over. and i had lots of weed on me an had to get out before the migra came.. lol

16. telephone

telephone weird

That sucks, i'm sorry. I get so angry when I hear about shit like this. People think they can do anything if they're in a car. I know people that have gotten hit by cars on their bikes and skateboards, some of them hospitalized for weeks, broken jaws, bones, etc. It's like if you dont' have a hunk of metal surrounding you wherever you go, you're not going to be protected from all the other hunks of metal that don't pay attention to how fast they're going and where they're going and what they're running into. That's why I don't ride my bike in the street, I know some idiot would hit me. I just ride my bike on the sidewalk and make sure no cars are in sight if I have to cross the road.