Hypothetical.

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by neonspectraltoast, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Say you could influence the people in a video using your mind. Nevermind whether it's possible...just hypothetically speaking, suppose it is true. Does anyone have any insight as to what that would say about the nature of reality? Keep in mind that the events of the video occur in the past, as well, so by watching and influencing with your simple observation, you are somehow effecting people's behavior in the past with your mind.

If this were true, would it tell us anything about consciousness or the nature of physical reality? Any thoughts or ideas?

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Asking for a friend.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It would imply to me that time is an illusion and everything is happening at once.

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  4. So, right at this very moment, the Egyptians are building the Great Pyramid? That's kind of an interesting thought. It's always kind of seemed that way to me, come to think of it. Especially when observing recordings.

Everyone you see on screen has an ultimate knowledge that what they're doing is really happening. No matter whether you're watching it live or watching something sixty years old. That's eerily strange to me. And I think it says something about the nature of time and, perhaps, consciousness.

How can the people I'm seeing, regardless of the fact that it's a recording, know that they're, for instance, serving in World War II...or know that they're on a sound stage playing a role. They're really not, so how can I witness them knowing it, without that knowing it being factual? That's always been a keen question on my mind. It's as simple as this really. I watch a show and maybe it's a little girl picking a rose, and I'm like, "She knows she's picking that rose." Am I wrong? Is "she" something else entirely than what she appears to be? It's like, I'm watching someone who picked a rose ten years ago, but she's literally caught in the act knowing that she's picking a rose ten years ago.

Nevermind?

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i was always so confused when i was a kid. because i knew i was watching a video that had been taped previously, yet i was still able to save tinkerbell by clapping for her. it made no sense to me, but i wasn't about to not clap and see what would happen.

6. That's the same exact thing as what I'm talking about. Thank you.

7. Cartoons aren't conscious, as far as I'm aware. What if you could telepathically communicate across distances of time by interacting with a conscious being in a recording? I guess I have to think of everything.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think they made you clap for the cartoon tinkerbell. that was a live action version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok, apparently tinkerbell was a candle or something. i was like 5, sorry. i knew the movie was live action anyway.

9. Well I guess...who knows, then? I bet she got a lot of claps. I was only aware of the cartoon Peter Pan. I wasn't thinking of trying to consciously influence a flame, though, though maybe humans can do that. I was thinking more along the lines of the nature of telepathy between two humans, and the idea that even time wouldn't be a barrier.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah in my memory tinkerbell was an actress that was made to look small through camera trickery. so it was actually less relevant than i thought.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah, right Now everything is happening. Maybe it's why we have past life experiences or particular fears.. Because we are being communicated with over time. Dreams..

I think I can master telepathy perhaps. I discovered a method. I'm testing and practicing.

12. I'm telepathic, but I don't like, send out brain waves. I think it's just some hidden connection between people and even animals.

Driftrue likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As long as you don't use it as an excuse to get into bestiality.

14. I don't know what to do with it. I can see that it's important. I'd like to understand the physics of it. It's really confusing when you are aware of a deeper reality and no one else is. Seems like something everyone should know.

15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't think it's necessarily important do do anything with it except remain conscious of it. I agree with the idea of it being a connection between people, something inherently there.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i influence people with my mind all the time. and not just humans. but its statistical which means i can't direct it at any one person.
    and since everyone else is doing it all the time too, most without realizing it, and all these different influences going in all different directions,
    there's really no way to measure that it actually has any kind of net effect.

for what its worth, cats do this also, and they're probably better at it then humans.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Shhh... You weren't supposed to tell.

18. It's too vulgar a display of power anyway. Best left to motion pictures and books.

19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

O_O *claps hand over mouth*