Hunt ban?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Zonk, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Zonk

Zonk Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3656524.stm

Hopefully IMO we are getting closer to the end of this crap 'sport'.

Was watching some idiot on the news this morning who was going on about how he couldn't bear to shoot his hounds.....they shoot their hounds regularly anyway! Lying manipulative bastard. Any dog who doesn't show the correct character gets the buckshot.

If they love their hounds so much, why can't every hunt supporter house a couple?

2. Marie-Clare

Marie-Clare Member

I agree! And they go on about how such a big industry will be destroyed too! Loads of industries get destroyed and people lose their jobs over it all the time...but if they're lucky people get other jobs. Still, unemployment doesn't excuse such a barbaric and bloody sport. I doubt many of those jobs lost were making their income on another living beings violent and bloody death.

I was watching 'The Wright Stuff' morning discussion program this morning, and it really shocked and saddened me to see that on their phone-in poll it was something like only 59% of the callers said yes to a fox hunting ban. :mad: What a shame my assumption that the majority would be against it, was wrong. :(

Marie-Clare xxx

3. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Sonner the better. Hope the fuckers do all lose their jobs ;)

4. Marie-Clare

Marie-Clare Member

Me too! hehe.

5. Zonk

Zonk Banned

6. DoktorAtomik

Fucking brilliant! It's great to see them whining about getting kicked around by the coppers. Same treatment the animal rights movement has had to put up with for years!!! Excellent stuff :)

It amuses me how these fucking retards actually refer to hunting as a "human right". I've heard a few of the movers and shakers from the countryside alliance refer to this as a "human rights issue" now.

It's also funny how they're threatening to ignore the new law because it's unfair and unreasonable. Isn't this the same bunch of toffs who've whined on for years about hunt sabs breaking the law? Honestly, I'm laughing so much it hurts :)

7. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Good to hear that a few of that lot got the wrong end of the police for once!

8. the_river_daughter

the_river_daughter rebel scum

i heard one of them on the radio today - talking about how the animals will suffer more if we ban hunting with dogs and its all class prejudice that has brought this on. The assholes!! the more intelligent of us will realise its only hunting with DOGS that has been banned, and population control in more humane ways is still perfectly legal.

sometimes i just want to slap people :p

9. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Deleted as in bad taste.

10. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Deleted as in bad taste!;)

11. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I'm sorry but this gloating is really too much for me. This is exactly the kind of thing you would expect to see on a right-wing forum talking about the likes of us "hippy" protestors. We might well find hunting with dogs distasteful and should be glad that it looks like it's going to finally be outlawed. But really, let's not sink to their level and play up to the stereotype.

12. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Agreed, I shall delete the pictures of these idiots, apologies.

Although I for one who've been on the recieving end of their violence find it highly amusing they are getting a pasting.

13. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Thanks, I know it was meant in jest .. but it really doesn't look good.

Police brutality is police brutality, and I would go out of my way to ensure these people have the absolute right to express their views without being harrassed or suppressed, despite the fact that I firmly disagree.

14. Zonk

Zonk Banned

On any given Saturday you will catch both these bunch of thugs, police and hunt supporters, battering sabs over the heads with truncheons. So you must excuse me if I'm in hysterics about them knocking seven bells out of each other.;)

Someone on another thread mentioned irony......:p

15. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Hmm, hate having to resort to cliche ... but two wrongs and all that.

The real challenge as ever is to overcome our instinctive kneejerk reaction that since we hate what these people believe, we also hate these people. Wishing bad things on anybody - no matter how loathsome you believe their life choices are - is never the enlightened route to take. It simply reinforces division and perpetuates the problem. If you gloat now, the next time they attack you as a hunt saboteur they might well hit you just that bit harder.

Think what jesus would do...:p

16. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

Go for the knee caps I would have though!:p

17. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Best I don't gloat and roll on my back and whimper then.....

18. DoktorAtomik

I think you're missing the point somewhat, Mr Met. There's nothing yet to suggest the police are being 'brutal'. I've learned from direct personal experience that hunt supporters are amongst the most violent individuals you're ever likely to encounter. Chances are good the police were actually using minimum necessary force for once.

19. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

That's a rather telling assumption. Would you be so generous if these were images of animal rights activists with bloody noses? Why just assume that the police behave differently to this group, and that their reports of police brutality are fabricated?

As for the suggestion of brutality, there was a report of it, perhaps on a link to BBC Online that Zonk has deleted? I can't find it now. One protestor was quoted as saying that he was truncheoned without warning by a policeman. A further suggestion appears on the Guardian website:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/hunt/Story/0,2763,1305249,00.html
    The cause of the violence was not immediately clear. It seemed that some of the crowd had pushed against the police line separating the crowd from the Commons. The police responded by pounding protesters with their batons to keep them back, as officers in riot gear ran to shore up the lines. Some of the protesters claimed the police had attacked them for no reason.

The likelihood is that there are violent thugs among this bunch, just as there are violent thugs amongst animal rights protestors. Doesn't stop the police making mistakes, and innocent, peaceful protestors getting caught up in it.

20. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Sorry, only deleted pictures and my gloating comments.:)