hung up on looks

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by dweezil111, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dweezil111

dweezil111 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why does it seem that most people are hung up on what a person looks like and less on how the person is as a person? I have met some very attractive women who are either dumb as a bag of rocks or think that they are the best thing walking the earth. On the opposite hand I have met some women who are not supermodel material but are the best and kindest people. Personally I would rather be with someone who stimulates my mind and is fun to be around rather than be with someone who I can't even look at because they are so incredibly stupid and/or shallow.

2. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

a shallow for a shallow and stupid for a stupid, and let the rest be happy

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I blame the media!

really I think sometimes not-so-pretty girls are nicer because they can't skim through life on their looks. and people who do usually end up very unhappy because looks fade and then what have they got?

I really don't care. let all the self-obsessed people act like that. It never gets you anywhere good in the end.

4. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

how would you know, have you reached the end? l;et allone all possible ends? perhaps shallowness is the ultimate answer and ugly nice people all go to hell....
    i certianly hope not....

at anyrate, im set, my gf is not only brilliant, caring, witty, and horny, but she's smoking in the looks department too. :)

5. headymoechick

I'm talking about girls that slide through life with out ever having to lift a finger because they're beautiful. The girls who refuse to work because "they're too pretty to work"

my aunt was like this and she's 40 now and in huge trouble because her husband left her (he only married her for her looks and now they're gone and so is he) and she has no idea how to work or take care of herself at all! So yeah, I've seen where it leads. Pretty girls can be awesome, but we're talking about the bitches who are bitches because they look good.

I don't get it. Are you saying it's ok for people to be assholes because of superficaility?

6. stuntdragon1

stuntdragon1 Member

Ever since preschool and before, children are taught the beautiful princess or the handsome prince charming always get what they want. Having that drilled into your head every night for a bedtime story has got to have some effect.

7. headymoechick

wow! I never thought of that!

8. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

is that what i said? all i said is how do you know what works out best in the end, it may not be what you want but you certianly havent reached 'the end' so you can't say whats best for other people, and how they should live their lives.

9. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

I love a hottie, can't help it. I guess the reason I'm single is because I'm still looking for the whole package..it's pretty much nonexistant. I've dated guys that were "not so good looking, but nice", and I found my eyes always strayed.

10. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

Alot of my girlfriends would always tell me that look wise I could do alot better then my bf. But in my eyes hes the sexiest man alive.

11. headymoechick

Christ, I said I don't get it and asked you a question!

I won't tell people that they shouldn't be superficial anymore I promise. ;)

12. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

my bad, i apoligize.

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I'm not super picky about looks but I have to be attracted to someone and of course guys feel the same way. You can't knock someone for having their preferences and everyone has different preferences so what may be a 10 to someone might be a 3 to someone else-who's to say what's beautiful?

14. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

when i first me the guy who is now my boyfriend, I wasn't impressed with the looks department. Now, I don't know anyone hotter than he is. He's so gorgeous. I don't know what happened!
    Maybe I fell for him ;)

15. urbangal

urbangal Member

Agreed. He doesn't have to be drop dead lovely-that spark has to be there and it must be mutual. I've been way too many times on the one-sided interest.
    As I've gotten older, I've focus less on outer more on the whole picture. This doesn't mean I'll settle for just anyone-heck no! But I seek a partner, friend, lover, someone who has their own mind not the mind of overly easily influenced on westernism.