Hundreds of children being taken from their parents at US border

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Deidre, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Sometimes, success doth breed contempt, which is why so many Babylonians can't even stand each other.

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Sorry, I don’t follow. :oops:

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

They say Americans love a winner and hate a loser, but the more money the US makes, the more seriously divided and dysfunctional its people have become. To the point where Tea Party members call each other commies, and Southern Baptists preachers chase away their own congregations spouting vitriolic nonsense, all because suspicion, hate, fear, and loathing are all they can relate to. Familiarity with such people breeds self-contempt as much as anything else, which is why the Tea Party is infamous as being almost exclusively composed of white supremacists.

So long as the majority of Americans refuse to do anything more constructive than watch their daily propaganda and vote for whichever clown screams the loudest, the idea our country has a mind, much less a soul, is a joke in bad taste. You might as well attempt to reason with a rabid dog.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Wow. That sounds like more than just considering now.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The woman in the example in the article was presenting herself for asylum which is a perfectly legal process. I dont understand why people are being punished for entering legally

America is losing its humanity.

God only knows what actually happens to these children or what they have to endure in those detention centers

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I read, in this same article, that the children being taken into protective custody were children who were with adults who could not prove they were the parents.

This article said that children were being used to help adults have an easier time crossing in.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  8. Aerianne

I also read in the article that relatives in the U. S. were located to take the children in.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I also read in the article if no relatives are found the children languish in these detention centers indefinitely

10. Aerianne

Yeah.

11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

In watching documentaries and films about the holicaust, this has shades of that where they separated children from parents. Different scenario but it’s chilling what is happening here.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  12. Aerianne

Yes, or from whomever it is that brought them on the trip.

Deidre likes this.
  13. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

You must remember that most of the refugees arriving have no papers or way to prove who is who. That is why compassion is required for the job... and there is obviously no compassion within ICE or the Federal Government... perhaps there is within a few government workers, but the system itself is geared towards something quite different.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  14. ~Zen~

I don't understand why these people would claim to have these children if they weren't their own?

What kind of logic is that?

Sounds more like a talking point from conservatives.

15. Aerianne

I'm sure that it's heartbreaking.

16. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

From what I understand of how the law works, Mexico would have been the legal and “proper” next step for asylum but people are fleeing Mexico because it’s a mess there as well, and so this is why this is happening.

17. Aerianne

The article says that it's because it goes easier and the adults would be released more quickly if they have children they brought in.

18. ~Zen~

Evidently that is not true...

19. Aerianne

I can understand parents giving their children to someone who is making the trip. There are lots of reasons that the parents may choose/have to stay behind but send their children with someone to get them out of there.

Deidre likes this.
  20. ~Zen~

I hadn't thought of that... I will ask some of my immigrant acquaintances here in Cali about that. I meet them all the time in the local clinic. It's a good thing to see them getting health care and going to the dentist - perhaps for the first time in their lives.

Aerianne and Deidre like this.