How's Ibiza?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Pendus, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Pendus

Pendus Member

Hi! I don't know if it's the coming of spring with it's smells and warmth or if it the sweet 60's - 70's music blasting in my ears but I gotta get our of here soon! I'm getting extremely restless. I need an adventure, soon. So that's why I posted this thread.

I've been thinking about traveling to Ibiza this summer because I've always heard that it's supposed to be some kind of a hippie haven. Is this still true? Was it ever true? Anyone here who has been there recently?
    Lot's of questions, I know, but I gotta ease this longing, anxiety inducing claustrophobia that I've been feeling. If anyone knows whare I can find these hippies then please, write!

Peace ~pass it on~
    Peter

2. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I've been a few times. It's not really a hippie haven in my view, though there are people who have some things in common with the 60s/70s. Musically it's very much a dance isle and there are a variety of clubs. There's been some clampdown of when clubs can open to reduce noise and lager loutish behaviour, especially in San Antonio.

There are places where you can find some peace and remoteness, like some of the beaches. I found a couple of beaches where you could wonder off a little way from the main beach and have a cove or small beach where there were very few people. Down the south of the island near the beach bars of Sa Trinxa and the Jockey Club I walked around ten minutes away along the shore and had a beach where part of the day it was all mine and on other occasions no more than three or four others. I could sunbathe and swim and read books and just relax without a care in the world. Myself and most of the others spent the time on the beach and in the sea nude.

I'm sure Ibiza could cure your claustrophobia.

3. Congo

Congo Member

Hello, I really want to travel to Ibiza this year, and I will, for a couple of reasons.
    My friend has a few good quality squatts there, and also I dont want to experience cold winter. He told me some good stories about Ibiza, that it actually is a hippie heaven.

4. Sarah00

Sarah00 Guest

Ibiza is just awesome. Its a very beautiful place with beautiful beaches, wild night life, relentless sunshine, bars and cafes that make it one of the most spectacular tourist destination.

5. Jenny00

Jenny00 Guest

Spain is known for its landscapes, museums, nightlife, beautiful beaches and lively cities and Ibiza is one of the most beautiful and scenic city of Spain. A place must visit.

6. lee20

lee20 Guest

Ibiza is not a hippie haven for me after all but I love the place so much. It is great for tourist who love the beach and hotels are great.

7. wandering spirit

wandering spirit Banned

ibiza is a small island, with a great deal of atmosphere. unfortunately it has been almost completely commercialized. spring and autumn are definately the best time to go. july and august it is packed with party tourists who party all night at the big dance clubs, pasha and amnesia. back in the 60´s and 70`s it was a center of alternative living(try to find the movie, more, from the 70`s,with a pink floyd soundtrack. travelers from all over spent time there in a low-key, non-commercialized environment. " those were the days ......my friend,.... we thought they´d never end...". today, ibiza town, the gypsy quarter and the citadel are still pretty interesting. there are day clubs in the gypsy quarter that open at 9am...at the big clubs people dont even arrive until three in the morning......it is a hard core party scene.

8. wandering spirit

wandering spirit Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KODZtjOIPg"]THOSE WERE THE DAYS MARY HOPKIN - YouTube

9. luv88

luv88 Members

Ibiza's great! The best nail salon I ever visited was there!

10. judaen

judaen Members

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can update me on any hippie communes within Ibiza that I can visit?

If anyone over here is from one of the communes then please advise if I can come and park and camp from my vehicle on the site? Me and family have decided its time to go commercial free and start living a walk by faith travel to different parts of Europe (no more hotels) and live out of our car or in this case we are hiring a car. Perfectly happy to volunteer on your site to help out, we are def not of the class that would leach off the commune but are very able and believe in always contributing towards the development with our physical strength and time.

Any advice would be great.

We plan to arrive on the island on the 14th of August and will be there for a week.

One Love to you all
    Ricky

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ibiza Girls @ myfreecams :sifone:

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Ibiza is full of Germans (and not the good kind, if you catch my drift)

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

why ago to Ibiza Anyway
    The Greek Islands are much Better ! Thats where I am Headed week after next

1 person likes this.
  14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Where are you going, if you don't mind saying?

Ever been to Santorini btw?

15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Sidari Corfu Mate Its heaven on earth ! Not posh but neither am I

Ha ha Just worked it out , Its my 11th Visit to Corfu

Not been to Santorini but went to Kalymnos one year That was Delightful

16. David0301

David0301 Members

miami is better than ibiza when it comes to party

in every aspect!!!!

17. candys

candys Visitor

Spain is a perfect country to charter a yacht. Last summer my friends and I rented a yacht at https://sailica.com/mediterranean/spain to explore the costline near Ibiza. That was amazing. I think Ibiza has the most beautiful sailing destinations in Europe. We enjoyed the amazing scenery and crystal clear lagoons for a few days.

18. Curly Elly

Curly Elly Members

Me ands my friends are going to Spain this summer. We want to rent a house in Barcelona and go to Ibiza for a weekend. Do you know - are there any ferries between Barcelona and the island?