How you started?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by atlpr, May 5, 2009.

1. atlpr

atlpr Member

Hi, all.

I am a Brazilian girl with a strong desire to be naked around the house, but I have no courage to approach my family about it.

Also, I have a curiousity about how the home nudists managed and won this obstacle. Maybe I can learn something with their stories.

So, I would be very grateful if the friends who are home nudists could tell me: how you started to be naked around the house, how your family reacted, how your faced this reaction etc., i.e., how you turned from textile to home nudist and how your family managed with it.

Many many thanks in advance for any answers,
    Roberta

2. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I never started at home myself- I was near a nude beach and when I moved house, near a sauna where being nude was accepted.

joker69 likes this.
  3. Kacey

Kacey Guest

Guess I'm lucky, my family are all nudists. I was raised as A nudist. went to my first public nude beach at age 14 with my family.

Nakednudist and joker69 like this.
  4. curious78

curious78 Member

My wife and I just decided to do it.. and make it part of our lives. When I have to wear clothes.. I usally dont wear underwear except at family events.. ... :cool:

5. BobbyGayBoi

BobbyGayBoi Member

Best friend's family -- they moved into our neighborhood when he and I were 9. My parent's didn't care, so I started going naked as much as possible. My younger brother did too. We never saw either of our parents naked, but saw Ronnie's parents naked all the time.

Hugz
    Bobby

joker69 likes this.
  6. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I started going nude at home when I was around 12. My mother and sisiter didnt seem to care. My dad wasnt really excited, but let me do it. So after I went to nude beaches and found places to hike and swim nude.

7. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi Roberta,

i'm not a full time home nudist, but if i'm in the mood for, i like to go without clothing.

I did grow up in a family with a certain connection towards nudity. We did spend our summer holidays at nudist campings at the med sea coast for many years, so i learnred about nudism already as a baby. Maby this put the seed. Our parents were quite tolerant to let us (me and my brother) go bare at home and around in the garden if we did like, it was no instruction. Our neigbbourhood pals sometimes joined nudity, others didn't. My parents didn't go naked atr home, but we saw them nude now and then, in the bathroom, changing clothes etc. Usually we were told to put something on when we left our own ground.

My brother did stop going naked sometime when he went through puberty, i guess when he got pubic hair. Though i had no reason to stop, i began to go naked not so often as there was fewer incentive.

I met my first steady boyfriend quite young and at the same time i changed over to a boarding school. This had two effects: as my friend wasn't into nudism, i stopped going naked when we were together. Maybe i should have been insisting, but i didn't, young and stupid as i was. The second effect was a kind of double life, as i worked on some special reputation in the boarding school by sleeping naked and sometimes stay naked in our trio bedroom (of course it wasn't tolerated to run around naked outside the bedrooms) and by skinnydipping whenever we went for a swim. It wasn't a big deal, as i was used to do so, but it made me have a good standing.

Unfortunately, after i left school, i got more and more distanced from nudity or better to say from possibilities for. For some years and some further relations i was far away from beeing a nudist.

This all changed some years ago when i fell in love (and soon shared a flat) with a guy who is a kind of "hardcore" nudist. Maybe he is a bit exhibitionistic too. He did not only stay naked at home always, but tried to install nudism in many parts of daily life, except working life. At first i found this a bit strange, but soon i learned that much is possible and accepted if you only ask and behave nice. So i found back myself to nudism ideas, though i didn't share his claim to stay naked whenever possible (why should i go naked if it's cold?).

We broke up later, but the nudism seed had grown again. I went through some short new relations and always insisted on my freedom now. Since three years i am together with a wonderful guy, but we still have our own flats as we work some hundred kilometers apart. So we usually do stay together at weekends or for vacation. He had no problems to accept me going naked at my own flat, and since then i do so at his flat too if i feel like, and sometimes even at his sister's house too where we stay often.

So you see, i had my ups and down on nudity (not only on nudity ;-) ).

8. tonynaturalist

tonynaturalist Member

atlpr ... i am a male born in south america. Due to culture itrs more diificult to break the news in that culture. It would be easier if you gove us some idea of age, sex amd the dymanics of your family. In my case I started sleeping naked. I would get up in the middle of the night to go to toilet and never covered up. So my parents and bros and sist got used to this and made some comments occasionally. I told them i liked to sleep without clothes and they accepted that easily. Soon my brother (4 yrs younger) was doing it too. We slept in same room in different beds. My mom and dad never said anything negative. One day I went to bathroom at night and found my mom coming out of the bathroom stark naked ...and went to her bedroom. No incident. One day the topic came up at dinner time and the comments came from my 2 sisters but they admitted they also slept nude when weather was warm. Mom and dad never had a comment.So I moved out ... togo to college and in college continued with my practice of going naked in my appartment. One day I went to a nude beach - black beach in la joya california - and went naked in a social environment for the first time. No problem. Then commented to my family in letters that I went there and have discovered a different world. Then I had two friends I met at the beach that were nudist. I became member of the Naturist Society and The American Sunbathing Association (now re named American Association for Nude Recreation - AANR). Both had quarterly magazines and newsletters. Everytime I went to visit my family at home I would bring the latest magazines and leave them around so they become more familiar with the lifesyte. One day ...out of the blue at dineer time my family - specially my dad and mom - brought the subjetc again and said to all that they did not object to me going naked around the house ... and that if I wanted to bring friends it will be OK. To me was like a gift from heaven. I thanked them. Then proceeded very cautiosly not to be overly and offensive. I would dress for dinner, etc. but will get out of bed or bedroom naked to grab a coke from the fridge, etc. Would do my room clean up ..naked and also will swim najed in the pool. They all soon got used to that. Brought some friends one day two males and one fem from college and we spent the day by the pool and made a barbeQ and invited the family. Mom and dad came out stark naked ...my brother too. Sisters were away with boyfriends. It was a ball. Then next day ...it was a sunday ...during breakfast it was the "theme" of the day. They loved it and my two sisters were very curious but looked kind of embarrassed. Then like went on like a soft clothing optional environment ...until one day that my two sisters decided to come out naked for dinner. Then we all commented that we all felt like a new family ...very open communications start flowing and stress came down. Every one in the family was to decide if they wanted to be naked or dressed and level of dressing.
    Later in life Mom and Dad continued with soft nudity around the house and occasional visits to a nude beach. They ended up with being friends to two other couples that were old time nudists and sisters ended up not being nudists but tolerant of style. My briother and I became hooked up on the lifestyle. TOday I am married to a nudist girl and we have been in the life style for more than 20 yrs. We are very common people, extemly open minded, and do home nudism, beach and nude resort nudism without problems. Our kids are tolerant and participate as they want ...although both are not social nudists like we are.

So try a soft gradual approach in your case and tell us about reactions and experiences so we can help you figure out next steps.

Good luck!

9. atlpr

atlpr Member

Hi, mrpwonder. How/why you started to go nude at home when you was 12 yo?

10. Booga

Booga Member

I suppose I'm lucky, atlpr. I grew up an only child with a working mother who wrote novels on the side. For most of the day I had my room, if not the entire house, to myself. I could go naked without bothering anyone, or being bothered.

When I turned fifteen, my mother began spending Saturday nights and Sunday mornings at her boyfriend's house, giving me even more time to be alone in the buff. I think she knew, but as long as she didn't have to see me, she didn't mind.

After I moved out and got a car, I began visiting nudist beaches as often as my schedule and finances would permit. Often, when traveling has proven impossible, I've made do by skinny-dipping in the swimming pool at my apartment complex.

With a couple of exceptions, my friends aren't nudists. If I insisted, they'd probably tolerate my nudity, but I'd rather not. It's important to respect other people's limits. For that reason, I nearly always stay dressed in company.

Sounds like your living arrangements are very different. I'm not sure what to advise, so I'll just wish you luck.

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc Member

All my life I enjoyed being nude indoors and out when alone. I didn't get into social nudity until I was 55. Now I live full time in a nudist Florida resort and rarely wear clothes.

Dgr123 and joker69 like this.
  12. atlpr

atlpr Member

No more posts?

13. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

14. atlpr

atlpr Member

any new stories?

15. arthur itis

arthur itis Senior Member

My dad used to go nude in the house when I was growing up, though neither my mom nor my sister did. I didn't give it much thought, except to think that he was just comfortable that way. He was overweight, but it didn't bother him to be seen that way, since he was still fit, but with a "pot belly". I remember his scar, over one nipple, where he'd had surgery for a tumor. He was always scratching his balls at times. I just find it odd in retrospect that he was the only one comfortable with nudity in our home. Both he and my mother were professional opera singers, though they had sung professionally before I was born. He was still quite the showman, always putting on performances for guests, in one way or another (no nudity when guests were there).

When I moved out, after graduating high school, I had some friends at the beach in Santa Monica, and was hanging out there one day, when another old friend showed up, and said that he and some others had rented a house for the summer in Venice, California, not far from S.M. He invited me to visit, so later that day I went over.

When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was that everyone there was naked, and mostly sitting around casually in one room, talking and smoking pot. They invited me to take off my clothes and relax. I had to make a decision to either do so, or leave, so I stayed, and removed my clothes and hung out there for the rest of the day.

Eventually, I moved in with them, and stayed the rest of the summer. We had parties, and generally lived like a kind of naked commune for a couple months. Sex wasn't open, but behind closed doors, but we felt comfortable being naked most of the time, both sexes. There wasn't a mandate that visitors had to be naked, so it was their own choice. Some felt comfortable with it, some did not, and left.

We played music, smoked pot, and also took LSD sometimes during our stay there.

One evening, I decided to go across town to visit another "hippie pad" where I'd been getting high regularly, with other friends from the beach. This place was more focused on playing the latest albums, like John Mayall, Led Zepplin, King Crimson,,etc., and getting high. That night they had a party there, and when I arrived, I was convinced that I should take the initiative to go naked, as an example of the freedom we were having in the other house. So, I took off my clothes, put them in a corner, and casually walked through the living room naked, until I got to the area near the front door, where I proceeded to get into a yoga position where you are basically upside down, stood on your head, forearms, and elbows. In this way, each guest arriving would see me naked, upside down, in the entryway as soon as they came in the front door.

I think it must have been the acid,,

But anyway,,I felt a bit odd doing it, and soon decided to bring the experiment to a halt, feeling that perhaps I was imposing on them something they weren't quite ready for. Propagating the nudist lifestyle isn't something you can suddenly foist on people, unless they show an interest.

It's something I would talk about with your family, but let them tell you what their boundaries are. We have no right to impose our preference on others, without their consent.

16. curious78

curious78 Member

Depending on your age and family honesty may be the best answer. But remember to respect your parents home. If not ask if its ok just in your bedroom .. and to the bath.. tanning etc.. Your culture is more open so I bet you'll have success.

go at it slowy..

I started in college..

17. Hipster55

Hipster55 Member

I didn't really get started until I got out of college and into my own place. I probably always wanted to enjoy nudism from an early age but just never really had the chance.

18. Omar El Cubano

Omar El Cubano Member

Don't feel bad, I started when i was 13, stoped for 3 years after almost getting caught (back then I had no locks on my room) and today has been 21 weeks since I rediscovered nudism.

My parents don't know and I don't plan on telling them untill I move out but its cool.:cool:

19. hv444

hv444 Member

i just go nude in my room alone...i wouldnt tell my paents tho

20. Omar El Cubano

Omar El Cubano Member

I've always loved to be nude, but my mom got uptight about it when I got older. But when I was younger she didn't care.