How would one pull a “successful disappearing act”?

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

I’m not saying like anything unreasonable like vanishing out of thin air like a movie? I’m just saying: How do some people basically leave all their friends and family behind and disappear for 20+years and never be seen or heard from again? Do you know or have you ever had a person you know “Go Missing” for years and years and you never ended up living with them again? How would you “successfully” Vanish from people who are trying to reach out to you?

Echtwelniet likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what works and don't keeps changing. bottom line is leaving behind a lot more then you might otherwise wish to. at the very minimum everything financial and everything identity.
    finding ways to travel that don't require identity are becoming increasingly difficult to find. a lot of people who claim to want freedom, don't want anyone to find them.
    never use any access code for anything after clandestinely relocating that resembles any you had ever used before doing so. if you accidentally do, you have start all over.

oh for the easier part, just go where they're not ever likely to run into you and just don't ever give anyone a reason to want to find you. the law, and any agency financial or government you've ever had any sort of contact with, will still know who and where you are, but if you do nothing that would attract their interest, that wouldn't matter for 'dissapearing' from anyone lacking a strong enough wish to find you.

you could also simply try telling them, in the least hurtful way you can find, that you would prefer them to not seek to find you, that you would consider any effort on their part to disregard your wish to avoid their contact a form of harassment.

how can you overcome an attraction to demand someone else's attention?
    by giving them the same courtesy of consideration you might hope them to extend to yourself if situations were reversed. yes this kind of understanding takes a bit more maturing then a lot of people ever aquire, let alone demonstrate, but such self diciplines of heart and mind are at least possible.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  3. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

NOW HOW WOULD THAT BE HUMANLLY POSSIB;LE ?????

4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Walk out the door,,,
    Find a different state,,,
    Get new phone & email
    Make your social media profiles non-searchable where possible and block your entire friends list,,,

And NO drunk dialing old friends 5 years along the path!

5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

If I wanted to try this. I would leave the country and come back as an illegal. Would just like to see, all the free stuff, I could get. It would be like an all expenses paid vacation.

6. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

ENJOY YOUR NET CURTAINS ,AND 6FT FENCE PANNELS ,,,,,,,,,I NO WHATS ILLEAGAL

7. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

This one nearly worked .

I am quite surprised it hasnt been copied without the mistake .

"The John Darwin disappearance case involved the faked death of the British former teacher and prison officer John Darwin. Darwin turned up alive in December 2007, five and a half years after he was believed to have died in a canoeing accident. Darwin was arrested and charged with fraud. Wikipedia"

8. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

9. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

10. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

11. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Just drop everything..........walk away(start over)...........i actually thought about doing this(ratrace):D

But it is hard to really disapear totally(off grid) imo.......in the west(and most places).....phones/interwebz/data/ect..........it is more about how much "they" want to find you?

[​IMG]

Mzzls

12. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

The heartache that missing persons cause!

Jcinalco likes this.
  13. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

missing from what ?? a human existance ????

14. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

missing from what ???? ,,,a human existance ?????
    WHEN YOUR BRAIN IS HUMAN BUDDY ,,,AND YOUR ANATOMY HUMAN BUDDY

15. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In the days of the internet, disappearing so they can't find you is much more difficult than before. Even if you change your name they can track you. You'd need a new I.D., which can be hard to obtain without telling them your birth name. If you want to continue your line of credit with your new name they'd still have your old name in their records. To get a new job you'd need to apply letting them know your birth name so they can check your references. And you'd need a good cover story as to why you changed your name or they'd be unlikely to hire you.

On the other hand the internet can help you! Just Google "How to disappear and start a new life" and you'll get a lot of advice.

Jcinalco and Echtwelniet like this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I often disappear for a couple of hours to the pub in the pursuit of these

[​IMG]

Echtwelniet likes this.
  17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator