How well do you take care of your skin?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by noela, Feb 5, 2010.

1. noela

noela Members

Skin is the one of the most important organ on a human body. I was just wondering what you hipsters do to keep it radiant, tight and healthy.

Whats your regimen?

Mine is, I use goat milk soap to clean in the shower, then exflioation every 3 days with organic orange peel, i soak in baths with rose petals (you can get this bath bomb at lush) weekly. After I come out of the shower, I lather up on lubriderm 24 hour moisture, to keep my skin hydrated. I also put L'oreal excell-A3 on my face and around my eyes. I know I shouldn't be worrying about wrinkles at my age, but its never wrong to start early! lol
    other than that, i put cream on my hands daily, almost everytime i wash my hands.

Oh yeah, and I wear spf40 in the sun.

Phew. Ok, now your turn.

2. phoenixsun

phoenixsun Member

i shower only every 2-3 days unless it's really hot and i've been getting really sweaty
    i use a palm-oil free olive oil based soap in the shower, the one i have at the moment is an orange and grapefruit one with sago pearls and poppyseeds in it for exfoliation
    for my face i use rasasara ayurvedic products, either a foaming cleansing bar or exfoliating scrub, with a toner spray and a few drops of moisturising oil afterwards

occassionally i'll moisturise my body with a lush massage bar and if i'm in the sun a lot i use invisible zinc 30+

and that is all. nothing too fancy. i find the less i use and fuss with my skin, the healthier and happier it is.

3. Samee

Samee Member

agreed!!!

4. Padme

Padme Member

I take care of my skin pretty well I think. I make sure I drink lots of water, I don't smoke and I stay out of the sun. If I was to go out in the sun I always put sunscreen on. My skin is really oily so I put a mask on a 2-3 times a week. I also put moisturizer on my feet and hands every day.

5. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

I have porridge baths once a week to help keep my skin soft, and use an Indian body cream - I forget the name which is amazing. For my face I use a lot of Lush products - Baby face cleanser, then a rose water toner and lavender face cream. I have some vitamin c capsule for the nights, which really brightens your skin. I cannot live with out hand cream, I have so many, My favourite at the moment is a mandarin one. And, I pretty much live on water.

6. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I shower most days and put on moisturizer if it's feeling dry. No need to waste so much cash on chemicals to put all over it (not to mention most mainstream skin products test on animals)! I have to agree with PhoenixSun, the more I leave it alone the better it looks and feels :)

7. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

My skin is sensitive and super dry so I have to take good care of it. I clean it every day with Spectro Jel for my face and an olive oil-based shower gel for my body, exfoliant once or twice a week and a lot of moisturizer all over, face, hands and body. I also started putting on some Oil Of Olay cream a few years ago before going to bed to prevent (future) wrinkles.

8. Lizmarie

Lizmarie Member

I really dont do anything, I use dr bronners on my skin when i shower becasue it is easy, and then i use oxy pads on my face when i breakout, and thats about it, and I should use sunscreen more but I don't unless I plan on being outside all day

9. Ruthy

Ruthy Member

honestly, soap neeeever touches my face. nothing but hot and cold water touches my face..

usually in the shower i rub hot water on my face to open the pores.. run more hot water to wash it out.. then at the end of my shower i run cold water over my face to close the pores..

works like a charm :]

10. gorilla warfare

gorilla warfare Member

every now and then when its dry i put a little lotion on, but not much. i don't do anything else to my skin, its just naturally perfect. i don't wear sunblock, i use the cheapest shower gel i can find, i run against the wind quite a bit, i pop the rare zit that i get....

just jinxed myself i'm sure. :rolleyes:

11. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

I have super fair skin being a red head so if it is super sunny out and I know I'm going to be out in the sun for more than an hour I put on sunscreen. And I used the orange colored neutrogena for sensitive skin. The only time I put lotion on my face is in the wintertime.

12. noela

noela Members

im a super fair redhead too. i put cream on my face in the wintertime because of the dryness but, may i suggest putting a thin layer on in the summer? stuff with SPF in it, you'll thank yourself in your later years. :>

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I just wash everyday

since going with the beard i just wash my face with whatever shampoo i use (i like to switch shampoo every few days)

I had developped a need to wash hands with 99% alcohol but seem to have succesfuly coquered that quirk

14. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Ha, that's never crossed my mind before :)

My skin is suffering at the moment as I haven't been taking my makle up off for the past couple weeks :rolleyes:

15. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Yeah I know, I'm a freak about my skin, but every time I moisturize in the summertime my face gets a wee bit oily. But I never wear make-up I hate that shit. Makes me feel like a clown, lol

16. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

I use Lush cosmetics, so to answer the question.. pretty fucking well.

17. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Nothing really, I generally do what another poster said

Hot water and cold water, it really is a good idea to be closing the pores. That's about as far as I go with it, never had any problems really.

18. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

I shower evryday, put moisterising al over body cause it feels dry, though could b soap? i put cream on hands nearly ever time after i wash my hands, they feel dry! Ppl say my hands are real soft.. I brush my teeth with natural tooth paste, shave sometimes and wash my hair with natural shamp and sometimes condition it

19. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

I mix my own cream for the skin with olive oil, bee wax, medicinal plant flowers and other good stuff in it. Its very desinfecting and accelerats healing of wounds considerably.

20. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I don't use anything, my face is quite dry sometimes and product makes it worse- so if anything I apply some moisturizer

otherwise, I always put vaseline under my eyes before I go to bed, to beat wrinkles. I noticed friends were starting to look old, so I started doing that and it worked a treat. But then, I even try not to squint or frown to much for the same reason and because of this i'm aging well.

As a guy though, we don't tend to not do quite as much. I just take vitamins daily and use an electric shaver rather than a dry one- to avoid cuts, shaving rash and infecting my jawline.