how was your chrsitmas? Hip i hope?!

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by unionpacificrailroad, Dec 28, 2004.

1. PEace,

mine x mas was full of suprises. very hip suprises! man i also got alot of time to work on Old Betsy. i found alot more bondo but the bondo is just covering up bobos. like dents which are easily fixed. i have the fenders off, bumpers, hood, trunk lid, doors and practically i am ready to start taking the body in to be fixed. i got lots of vynal records t shirts, and tons of 8 tracks and incense! how bout you guys what awas your favorate present?

later

the curious flower child

2. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Oh man Union,
    When growing up we had a Jeep Wagoneer that we called "Old Betsy".
    We had her 13 years. By the time we got rid of her she was full of rust.
    When Dad got rid of her I cried and cried. She was like a family member.
    Ahhhh...the memories.
    Yeah we had a great Christmas. Went to Dad's then my cousins for an awesome dinner. Was kinda a quiet celebration but that's the way I like it anyways.
    Glad you had a good Christmas.
    Hugs
    Hippietoad

3. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Mine was better than they have been for years. I only got two gifts, but they are the kind that matter. I got a Scarf from Angelgodiva, and I just recieved your CD and things today. There are several songs on that CD I didn't have. And the pics of Betsy too. (And you Josh.) Best of all, I called Shelly on Xmas morning, and got through!

4. WE1

WE1 Member

Happy Holidays Joshua. And,thank you for the pictures and the musical CD you made me.

[​IMG]

5. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member

For Christmas I worked a 12-hour shift from 7am to 7pm. The client I was working for was pleasantly demented; an 85-year old man who didn't nap the entire time. He was also incontinent (sweet!)

I was exhausted and had to return the following day. I got up at 5am, got there by 7am and was told that I was trespassing and that if I didn't get out of his house he would call the sheriff.

I was sent by an agency and they don't compensate people for hours that they haven't worked. That sux.

Anyway, new year's eve and new year's day is destined to be better !

6. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My Christmas was blessed! I spent it ( in spite of getting two invites) with my dog and cat, and we had a beautiful "family" day. My two invites didn't want me to bring my dog, and I didn't want to spend her first Christmas (or any, for that matter) away from her...she is just six months old, and as cute as can be...

I did some meditating, and inner work, and it was just a wonderful day!! What a great day to end the year with.

And, since this is New years DAy...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

7. mosaicthreads

mosaicthreads Member

Happy New Year everyone!

Sus, it sounds like you had a lovely day with your dog and cat. What's her name, and kind of dog is she?

We had a lovely Christmas too. Very hetic. I cooked a Turkey dinner (even though most of us are vegetarians) and we had a lovely christmas dinner for 18. Our dogs and birds all got some lovely rawhide chews to celebrate the day and my favorite gift is a new down pillow to sleep on.

I almost forgot our best Christmas gift. I bought the old man one of Teepi's paintings for Christmas and he loved it. My son and his girlfriend were crazy about it also. He said "mom, did one of your hippie friends paint that?" now how did he know that?!

We had a nice quiet New Years visiting with friends that are heading off to India in the coming year.

peace to you all in 2005

8. Peace Matt and WE1,

i am very happy you got them! i have spent my x mas vacation working on Old Betsy! i hae her almost ready for restoration. she is completly torn down except for the motor and trany. doors, windows, fenders, trunk lid, hood all are off the car. i wish i could ahve sent you a note but i was so stressed and tried to get them there as soon as i could. MERRY X MAS. i owe 200 more dollars and i own my car! i am taking a brteak from working on her for a while. but i am gong to see tomorrow at school if i can take Old Betsy to school so i can melt the lead off of her. it seems my car was in a car accident at one time and i am seeing about taking her to school so i can use the oxiceteline heat to melt the lead so i can see jsut how bad it is. enstead of working on my car i will spend it spending more time on hipforums :) i dont care if someoen from my school is stalking me. let them. i am not going to let it daunt me from what means most to me :) can you old fellas open the door and let a young coot with a nice old car in the family? i will share the car :)

later

the over worked under sleeped flower child

9. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hi Mosaicthreads and everybody!!

I did have a wonderful Christmas, (and New years too!)...my doggy is a little shihtzu named Goldie...she is gold and white, and as sweet as she can be! I got her last August at 8 weeks old, and she is just my baby...she is getting spayed today, and I am a little nervous, but I really like her vet, so I think all will be OK...thanks for asking!