How to talk your way out!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by ibeeberz, Sep 7, 2008.

1. ibeeberz

ibeeberz Member

So, we've all been there, hittin a nice circle with a couple friends. Whether you're hitting bowls or marathoning a nice spliff, and the buzzkill of all buzkills crashes in on the party, the cops.

How have you talked your way out of it when all you had is a couple grams when running wasnt an option?

2. does2

does2 Member

remember not to talk too much

3. lune

lune Senior Member

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT!

99% of cops will bust your ass if they have the chance... they won't give you a chance to "talk your way out of it", but they will let you run your mouth so they have stuff to bring up in court later... like does said, the less you say, the better of you are...

Knock and talks are a good example of this... if they had enough to bust you, do you really think they would be at your door asking you questions? FUCK NO! They would be kicking your door in, shooting your dog in the head, and throwing you out of bed and into a cold cell...

And unless you know you are 100% going down... be respectful... even if they are being dicks... respect goes a long way... if they are going to let someone off the hook, it's not going to be the annoying ass hippie who's giving them trouble and preaching "legalize it" BS... it's the kid saying "yes sir, no sir"...

All this trouble over a stupid plant... amazes me sometimes...

4. Godzilla123

Godzilla123 Member

It amazes me all the time.

Its a plant for gods sake!! it was created by god.. to grow on earth! Surely there must be a reason and purpose. Who the fuck are we to irradiate something created by god??

I really hate this anti-marijuana propaganda.

But alcohol.. thats ok.. doesn't do any harm... :confused:

5. busker alley

busker alley Member

women usually cry

6. Brewbeck

Brewbeck Guest

7. sebbie

sebbie Member

I remember once me and a few friends had a small bag of bud. We were smoking it in joint form on a skatepark and a police car pulled up. We couldnt run as it was a fenced park and the enterance is where the police were lol.

They came over and asked us, what we were doing, etc and you could smell the weed. We just told them the truth that we were just chilling, all they did was to take the weed off us and scatter it on the ground. They then told us not to get seen again.

10 minutes later we came back and regathered out weed lol.

I think if police do find you with drugs the best option is to be as truthful as possible, if you lie and they catch you out, they will just get pissed. Try to think a few steps ahead when speaking, never deny you have drugs on you or that you dont.

8. Page-kun

Page-kun Member

Well I have been caught way to many times to count and as long as you don't act like a dick and just be respectful I always get off. Just don't carry half ounces around and only bring what you need out and you should be fin

9. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

I've never had to talk my way out of pot charges or anything to that effect

but i have successfully talked my way out of an open liquor charge and 2 speeding tickets:)

10. SleepyGreen

SleepyGreen Member

I have severe anorexia. I swear..

11. Skizm

Skizm Member

You can't talk your way out. Sit there, shut up, and get a lawyer.

12. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

"why hello officer, can i help you?"
    "I dont seem to smell anything, are you sure?"

or if you think it MAY just work:
    "I apologize. Obviously my sense of judgement was very poor. This wont happen again"

13. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

See, not talking can often be one of the stupidest things you can do. If you have reasons to be arrested, but there's a good chance, or even a moderate chance you can get away with it, start talking. If you clam up and say lawyer the second you see a cop that's basically like saying "OH HEY I"M FUCKING GUILTY, LET'S RAM THE LONG SHAFT OF THE COURT SYSTEM UP MY ASS!"

Or if you're inside and the cops come to the door, never walk outside and say "warrant please" and just go back inside.

14. Skizm

Skizm Member

Because when they ask if you have illegal drugs in your house the best response is:

"Oh yeah officers we were just lighting up a big fat doobie inside, care to join us?"

If it is your house, say you do not smell anything and you do not consent to a search.

Houses can not be searched without a warrant unless YOU let them in.

And asking for a lawyer is not self-incriminating. Not getting a lawyer and attempting to talk your way out of a charge is more self-incriminating.

15. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

I swear if I ever get caught with pot again I'm gonna tell the cops I got it from a cop. They figure they are supposed to get a search warrant if some random person tells them they saw some random pot in some random place.... So, I want the biggest criminal of all - the cop - to see what it's like to have your home destroyed by the "protect and serve" dudes...

16. moachana

moachana Member

my wife got away with speeding twice.....by crying.

17. WoodstockDave94

WoodstockDave94 Member

Though it's not happened to me, the best way of getting out of it is just to be quiet and respectful, don't try and argue, just nod and agree with them and they'll probably just give you a verbal caution.

18. High Plaines Drifter

High Plaines Drifter Member

I was doing lines of coke in an alley behind a bar with a friend and a cop walked up. I tossed the bindle in the snow behind us and insisted we were doing nothing. Of course he didn't buy it. He was looking on the ground with his flash light and I knew he would soon find the coke. In a stroke of genius I said "I'll be honest officer, we came back here to smoke a bowl". I gave him my pipe and weed and he gave us a little lecture about how we should look into getting our MM cards. We very polite and respectful and he gave me my stuff back and let us go. If he would have found the coke we would most definately have spent the night in jail.

Moral of the story: if you're out on the town and want to blow some lines, go in the bathroom stall by yourself and sit on the toilet.

19. PeacefulIntentions

PeacefulIntentions Member

man that is the funniest shit ever, i was just casually reading along and then i read "shooting your dog in the head" and i laughed so fucking hard, for about 3 or 4 minutes straight! I could just imagine you being serious typing that lol which makes it even more funny!!! But yeah i agree with everything you said, good point!

20. guile99703

guile99703 Member

I am fortunate enough to live in a state where pot is essentualy decriminalized.
    I checked the NORMAL site just today and verified that anything less than a pound or 100 plants is considered a misdemeanor. (both of which far exceed my personal needs) So I don't know how well my advice will be received, but my advice for pot would be the same as anything else..

Silence is golden.. You are likely to become your own worst enemy if you start offering up information, and never bargain with anyone other than your lawyer (they are free once you ask for one). Anytime someone uses the statement "make it easier on yourself" what they realy mean is "make my job easier for me" (meeting my quota for convictions).

I think i read a statistic once that said that said that less than 5% of crimes lead to a conviction and that the vast majority of those that do are a product of self incrimination.