How To Meditate?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by lovecandy, Mar 4, 2016.

1. lovecandy

lovecandy Members

Do any of our elders have any advice for meditation? I have noticed it helps my be more conscious, happier, and altogether better, i just need tips on it. like things to listen to while meditating, what to work on, how to stay focused. Anything in general that has to do with increasing my consciousness and spirituality would be greatly appreciated.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think there are some more meditation related forums. It might be better to ask there

3. newbie-one

4. lovecandy

lovecandy Members

ohhh thanks

5. newbie-one

no problem :sunny:

6. newbie-one

There are many styles of meditation. If you are already meditating regularly and getting benefits from it, you are already doing quite well.

Practicing regularly is perhaps one of the most important tips. Often meditating in the same place at the same time is considered beneficial.

It is said that if you meditate every day for an hour, after three years of practice you will develop a life long resistance to stress.

Meditating in a group is generally considered beneficial.

1 person likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I just fall asleep if I try

Someone told me I was supposed to drink 5 glasses of chardonnay before meditation

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I think there is a really good app for that................

9. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Meditation is very beneficial in life. Like mentioned earlier, it's best to do it daily.
    I used to have a stressful job, would go in the restroom if things got stressful, and just begin a meditation- my therapist called it "getting centered". Doesn't take long, but will calm the mind enough to not choke the living shit out of an arrogant co-worker. Lol.