How To Make Soles Dirty?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Notrees, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Notrees

Notrees Members

When I go barefoot in public streets my feet don't really get dirty, is there any ways to make my feet black and filthy?
    I've seen a walk on hot pavement method but are there any quicker ways like pasting stuff on the soles?

2 people like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Black leather dye... It's permanent.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what exactly does dirty feet accomplish?

you could always dip your feet in a port-o-pot.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I threw away all my foot prisons in 2011 and get my soles really dirty with tar at the beach

5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Walk through...dirt?

2 people like this.
  6. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

Usually your soles get blacker walking around some stores where they don't clean the floor often, like a Goodwill or other thrift store, or hardware store. Train stations are also usually pretty good.

7. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

Walk through a parking garage and your soles will be filthy in no time. And don't forget to step in the oil spots.

Dan Gerous and rol the sole like this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

go walk around the drive thru at mcdonalds twenty times.. do it, do it now..

1 person likes this.
  9. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

Have you tried exercising barefoot? If you look at minimalist runners their feet tend to be quite black after a run. I prefer to workout with a jump rope and find my soles also get fairly black doing that. It is also important to keep your feet moist. Not only does that help prevent cracked heels and dry skin, but that should also help your soles get a little darker.

2 people like this.
  10. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

Warm weather when your feet tend to sweat will attract dirt and make your soles dirty. Another good way is if it has been raining and has started to dry up. The dirt will stick to the moist soles. Shopping centres are guarenteed to get your soles filthy. If you want really dirty soles quickly then go to a car park. The mixture of leaked fuel and oil will blacken your soles in no time and as the oil soaks into the skin they stay black for ages. I'm barefoot as often as possible and love getting my soles black.

1 person likes this.
  11. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

My soles after a quick walk across an oily car park. IMG_20160424_12964.jpg

Attached Files:

12. j17435

j17435 Member

One I found by accident - self-service car wash place.
    After washing, you pull out of the wash bay into a parking area to dry/wax/vacuum, etc.
    I'm guessing slightly dirty water dripping from cars must leave a layer of ultra fine grime.
    By time I'm done drying off my car, my soles are solid black.

1 person likes this.
  13. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

It depends on your definition of "dirty". My personal definition of "dirty" does not include mud or natural dirt like this:[​IMG]

These feet are dirty from street dirt:

[​IMG]

Shuffling (dragging) your feet on smooth tile floors such as those in malls and stores helps. If you park your car far away from the store and walk through the lot your soles can get black and then a coating of gray from the store floors. Stadium floors were a great place to blacken soles. One reason I loved Grateful Dead shows!
    I have a number of photos of dirty feet on my Hip Forums page.

14. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I agree, bfg, though both are good to see given that barefooting generally has become so rare. The second type shows a "don't give a shit" attitude to every day life, whereas the lady above just happens to be barefoot for a particular event. That said, I do feel the second pair must belong to a street artist who's been working with chalk/charcoal, as I can't believe they're that filthy just from walking the streets.

Incidentally, why is it always the Grateful Dead rather than any other band who are mentioned in this forum? Just curious as I feel I'm missing something (I'm in UK). :)

1 person likes this.
  15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm not sure that going out of your way to intentionally dirty your feet shows anything about not giving a shit. actually, it seems kind of the opposite to me.

if you really don't give a shit, your feet will be as dirty as the surfaces that are comfortable and convenient to walk on, which are almost never that excessively staining.

2 people like this.
  16. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

"Incidentally, why is it always the Grateful Dead rather than any other band who are mentioned in this forum? Just curious as I feel I'm missing something (I'm in UK). :)"

The Grateful Dead had a huge following of "Deadheads", hippies whose style included tie dye and bare feet. These were not the only ones who were fans of the Dead but if you ever attended one of their indoor stadium concerts barefoot you ended up with incredibly filthy feet. Especially if you spent the early part of the day walking in the blistering hot parking lot. The Dead were an institution. Not many Top 40 type hit songs but a tremendous following.

These webfind soles were a result of barefooting on city streets, etc.

[​IMG]

17. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Why on earth would anyone intentionally walk through grease and motor oil?

18. sixties_freak

sixties_freak Member

Exactly. Just not natural at all.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

duh, to make their soles dirty.

as for the benefit of filthy soles, apparently it's self evident. i've been asking every time it's been brought up for years, and nobody is willing to give an answer.

1 person likes this.
  20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie