How to help colic

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Forget me not, May 25, 2007.

1. Forget me not

Forget me not Member

I'm not a parent myself but I thought this might help a few new Mums and Dads out there.
    If your baby is suffering from colic (or is crying uncontrolably) there is a little trick you can use to help calm them down and stop the crying. I learnt it from my aunt who learnt it from a gypsy woman down in Devon.

First lift your hand above your baby's face a short distance away. (Not too close mind) then wiggle the fingers about. If your baby is looking then it will be distracted (or mesmorised) by the smooth, gentle movement.
    Please note that if your baby's eyes are screwed shut or if he/she is not looking, the trick will probably not work. To have an effect you must have your baby's attention.

Well, there it is. I hope it works and I'm sorry if it doesn't. It has helped me when I was looking after my baby cousin, Scott.

Let me know if it's been any help. Feel free to reply and let me know if it works...or if it doesn't. I can take critisism. Always remember there's no harm in trying.
    Peace and love to all.