How to Heal a Peeling Sunburn?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by dixie_pixy, Apr 10, 2007.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Any ideas of how to get the gross peeling stuff off? I've got a pretty bad sunburn and would like to actually look a little normal!

2. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

aloe vera gel

3. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

aloe vera, aloe vera, aloe vera
    there are also some good mild burn medications out there (i like the ones b y solarcaine personally) that don't leave quite the sticky sensation that aloe can, for when you need to be out of the house. id still use aloe whenever you can though

4. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Yep, aloe. It works best when moist, so apply a thick layer or reapply when it dries.

Keep very well-hydrated and get lots of sleep, too.

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

oha nd if you have some vit e supplemenmts laying around, take those regularly, they help boost healing

6. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

also a nice salve works after you have used aloe. you can buy one at a local natural food store

7. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

I burn very easily, and I've always used tea bags to help with the sting as well as the peeling. just soak them in warm water for a few minutes, then pat your skin with them. Hope this helps, sunburns are no fun.

8. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

Coming from a girl with pale skin, freckles and no hope of ever having a tan: vingear and oatmeal. Dab the vingear on.. it stings and stinks, but it does help with the pain in the long run. Try an oatmeal bath to moisturize your skin.

You can't really do anything to repair the skin... its already crispy and peeling. Its toast. Just try and heal the layers of skin under the peeling crap.

9. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

iceteaprincess do you mean vinegar? (Not trying to call you out darlin!)

Thanks for the tips. My sunburn is pretty much gone now but that will be some helpful tips for the next time!

10. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

lol... yep. vinegar... fingers don't always type in the right order, or I just can't spell things correctly.

11. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

yeah the vinegar will take away the pain of the burn...tho it will sting a little at first and it does not last as long so you will have to keep reapplying.

12. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!