How to grow?

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by hess, Apr 8, 2005.

1. hess

hess Member

Could someone post a guide or just steps to how to grow organicly?

Do i just get seeds, soil and plant with watering and watch it grow?

im planning to grow seeds on my windowsill so it can get good sunlight.

is there anything special i need to do? i wanna grow organicly and want good bud so :S :)

2. goldmund

goldmund Member

First of all, you need to make sure that your window gets AT LEAST 4 hours of direct sunlight per day. Anything lower than that will give you really fluffy buds and a stringy, scrawny plant.

Next, I would try to find clones, if you can, rather than seed. Seed takes too long to sex, and chances are 50/50 that you'll be raising males.

After that, next rule: the bigger the pot, the bigger your plant. Are you talking window sill? Large door window? If it is a small window, I would plant in a one gallon pot around July. If it is a larger window, try to get a large 15 gallon pot.

Then comes the soil mix. It is better to have a very loose mix. The bottom 1" should be gravel, or something for drainage. The soil itself should be somewhere around a 40-50% mix with vermiculite/perilite and another type of organic potting soil mix. With this mix you will need to water and fertilize often, but it is best for root growth and oxygen uptake.

If you plant now, you will fertilize with a high nitrogen (but make sure it contains Potasium and Phosphorus as well) organic fertilizer in about three weeks-one month ish. Fertilize with the high nitrogen fert until mid to late July, then switch to a high Phosphorus fertilizer for bud growth. You should harvest sometime in October depending on the variety of herb.

Other people will probably have better tips. It has been a while since I have been in that scene.

3. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

4. HerbalTea

HerbalTea Member

Great stuff, Grouchy! Many thanks to you. Hess, I'm a newb grower myself, and the best advice I can give you is to read anything and everything you can find. A useful website I've found is http://greenmanspage.com/guides/. There are also quite a few others along the same vein, just try a Google or web search. Sometimes the info conflicts, and you'll hafta sift through a lotta dross to find the best info, but it's out there.

5. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

I wouldnt suggest growin on your windowsill unless it is COMPLETELY undetectable as it can lead to security problems. All it takes is one person to see a MJ plant in a window and bam. Or some gay ass cop drive by. If you want to use sunlight, grow somewhere outdoors away from your house that is secluded. That way you dont go to jail!

But your getting some good info here. Do some research and find wht works best for your situation. There is plenty of info on the net. hg420.com is a great forums for begginning growers i think. lots of nice people there.

6. Onassis77

Onassis77 Guest

7. SamKush

SamKush Member

Before you can grow superior weed plants, you have to make sure you have quality seeds to germ. This is where the importance of seedbanks come to play. Make sure you get them seeds from a reputable seedbank that deliver real germinable seeds and not dead ones. You can try MJ Seeds canada for this as I have tested them already.

You want to grow on your windowsill and I'd say this is not advisable unless you live in a place where marijuana growing is tolerated at least.
    If you intend to move your weed plant to your windowsill in the morning and move it back inside at night, I'd say you'll be stressing your weed plant enough for not to give you good results.

Find a good outdoor spot where your marijuana plants can grow naturally and organically. them weed plants are strong enough to survive the outdoors that is why they are called weed in the first place unless you have a really weak strain to begin with.:) :sunny: :2thumbsup:

8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

those were the days when ignorance was bliss.

uk window sill room grow your so depended on the growing season being good to fair a later rainy cloudy summer can really cost you bud.