How To Do Cold Water Extraction (CWE)

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Dillygirl, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

I believe in harm reduction and correct information. Toward that end, here is the correct way to do a cold water extraction (to separate oxycodone, hydrocodone etc. from apap aspirin - you can't elminate caffeine though). I know we're all in a hurry to dose, but take the time to do this correctly, and read the whole thing through before starting the process so you don't waste your pills - you'll be glad you did. Opiate safely, people, and your body will thank you (especially your liver).

Extraction - How it's done

Extraction works because APAP, ibuprofen, and aspirin are hardly soluble in water, especially when it's cold, whereas opiates are very soluble in water. This procedure will separate codeine, hydrocodone, or oxycodone from aspirin, APAP (acetominaphen, paracetamol), or ibuprofen, but it won't remove caffeine.

1. Crush the pills up up very thoroughly. You can use a sturdy pill or vitamin bottle and a ramekin for this.

2. If you're extracting 10 pills, a quarter cup of water is more than enough (50 ml if you have a measuring cup with mls on it is good). With 15-20 Vicodin ES, 100 ml of water works well. The more water you use, the more you will end up having to take and the more difficult it is to get the bad stuff out, so don't use too much. Conversely, too little water will give you just a paste that can't be separated.

3. If you're going to extract more than one dose, then measure it in some way. You can, for instance, do up four or ten doses, just use some measure, like an empty eye-drops or herbal extract bottle.

4. Dissolve the crushed pills in the water; stir or shake till all the clumps are gone. Pour into the bottom of a small bowl, cover, and put it in the freezer. Let it get really cold, but not so cold it freezes (some binders seem to get really swollen if they freeze). This shouldn't take that long, since it's shallow. You will see the APAP actually crystallize out and you will be able to feel it as grit when you stick your finger into the liquid above the sludge and then rub your fingers. (But even if it doesn't do that, it will still work).

5. Take the liquid out of the freezer.

6. For a filter, use a piece of cloth, preferably white or undyed, about the size of a washcloth. The cloth can be any closely-woven cotton. The back of a cotton dress shirt or a piece of plain muslin works well. Tshirts are usually too loosely woven to work. And for the love of everything holy and sacred, do not use polyester or colored cloth (you shouldn't even own anything polyester, but this isn't the Fashion Crimes Forum and I digress). Soak the cloth in cold water while you are waiting for the APAP crystals to form.

7. Put the cloth in a coffee filter cone or just drape over the edges of a small bowl, glass, or jar. When the solution is ready, pour everything, solution and glop, into the cloth.

8. Bring up the ends of the cloth and squeeze the solution through. This will produce a fairly cloudy solution.

9. Filter the cloudy solution through a coffee filter that has first been wet down with ice water. While that is filtering, scrape the glop left on the cloth into the bowl and add another 50-100 ml of water to go through the whole process above again and get more good stuff out of the glop.

10. When the second solution in the freezer is ready, pour it through the cloth, squeeze out, and filter that through a coffee filter wet down with ice water, just as you did the first batch.

11. Add the two more or less clear solutions together.

Note: If you want even purer stuff with less APAP, first reduce the volume of water by evaporating some of it in a warm oven or with a hair dryer. Take a couple of APAP crystals from your sludge, put them in the liquid to seed further crystallization of APAP, and repeat the chilling and filtering process.

You can drink your solution. Remember if you have made up more than one dose at a time, split it up before drinking it. Also, take it on an empty stomach for max absorption, or Google some potentiators (grapefruit juice is everybody's favorite, but it's high acidity level gives a lot of people heartburn, especially those of use with pill habits) to really increase the effectiveness of the opiate. Opiates taste like ass to a lot of people, myself included - in fact, one person reported continuing the extraction until the water was no longer bitter as a way to get out every mg of opiate. You can eat a piece of chocolate or a cracker spread with butter first to kill the taste (and the fat will help the narcotic to be absorbed), you can mix it with sugar or Kool-aid, or you can load it into a plain syringe (without needle!) and shoot it up your butt, which we all know as "plugging" (see the thread "Okay Ready to Plug My Butt" for amusing anecdotal plugging information); rectal absorption is better and faster than oral, and a British medical text reports that the body is more tolerant of APAP taken rectally.

Whatever your means of ingestion, enjoy!:cheers2:

Note: This method originally appeared HERE: http://www.geocities.com/sowildaboutharry/extraction.html. I edited for grammar and content but I'm not the original author. Sorry for any confusions. - Dilly.

1 person likes this.
  2. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

Nice write up Dilly. You have my vote for a sticky. +1. Maybe we wont have these idiots killin their liver anymore.

3. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Fanks. I know it sounds cumbersome and time-consuming, but it's really worth the effort if you're gonna do it. Plus, you can prep a couple of doses all at once, so you're set for the day and you don't have to do it every time.

4. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

yea... this is good for when i have an open house and some vics or percs...

5. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

I just don't want people to do it wrong and either a) waste their shit because now it's pink from squeezing it through a red nylon shirt or, worse, b) injure themselves. I mean, most of you are knuckleheads, but I've gotten attached to a couple of you. :p

6. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

well you're a definitely a knucklehead if you use opiates for non medicinal purposes... which would make a good deal of us. but whatever, it feels good right?

7. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

very good thanks dilly. ill definitely try this the next time i come across some hydros

8. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

I am the Queen of the Knuckleheads - but my opiates are prescribed for medicinal purposes (however, the label doesn't say anything about shoving them up my ass so there you go).

And you're welcome Blitz.:)

9. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

AHHH!!!! Just yesterday I was looking into how to do this because I had a bunch of vic's. Too late now. They are all gone.

10. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Good things come to he who waits. Well, now you know for next time.

11. Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze Member

i didn't read any of it.
    but it looks like it goes into fairly good detail judging from the length of it haha.
    i also think one of the mods should sticky this.

12. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

I just wanted to make sure it was accurate. It's long, but it's not that complicated. Just make sure if you're going to do it, you read the whole thing BEFORE YOU START.

13. china_white

china_white Banned

i deffs vote for a sticky here

14. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

I'd like to thank the Academy....:cool::cool:

15. china_white

china_white Banned

just remember this when a TEK on poppy pod tea comes out :D

16. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Make sure you put all the info on white opium in there. It's important. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. china_white

china_white Banned

screw white, dont you know red rock is wayyyyyy stronger?

18. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

I Want My Sticky Dammit!

19. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

Your sticky......?
    All you did was copy and paste a article.
    please don't take credit for other peoples work.
    type Cold Water Extraction in google the very first thing that comes up

http://www.geocities.com/sowildaboutharry/extraction.html

20. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

Maybe you should thank harry, the real author of this.......