how to COUNTER paranoia (social)

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by aesthetic101, Apr 24, 2014.

1. aesthetic101

aesthetic101 Guest

GUYS you might not take me seriously, but for all advanced smokers that have been smoking for a long time then after a while feel uncomfortable around social groups, THAT FEELING OF UNCOMFORTABLY is just your mind not being certain of yourself. FOR EXAMPLE if you are at a club and you feel awkward talking to a girl high it just means your not confident within yourself.
    FIX GO AGAINST THE FEELING!!! (allow the thought to flow). allow your mind to say what it wants to say, do what it wants to do, allow yourself to be free. dont be entangled by how everyone sees you just say fuck it and have fun! the key is to let go of the thoughts.
    for example the popular guy in school didnt give a fuck thaths why he fucked so many girls, he was confident in himself.
    while the beta guy wasnt certain in his abilities he was self concious to the point where he thought that other people were judging him in a negative way and he would no longer fit in if he was not cool...ect
    im here to tell you, your mind is sick of being judged and feeling negative JUST ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE YOURSELF WATCH HOW MUCH MORE FUN IT IS (HIGH AND NOT HIGH)
    PERFORM RIGOROUS TESTING AND GET BACK TO ME WITH RESULTS

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't trust countering it.
    paranoia, like pain, is part of our nature given survival instinct.

3. Higher_Self

Higher_Self Members

I returned to cannabis after a ten year absence. During that decade I had maintained a daily meditation practice.
    One of the reasons I had quit partaking was paranoia and self-criticism. Cessation of cannabis ingestion, along with an ever escalating misery (largely self-inflicted as it turn out), had resulted in my escapist use of hard drugs. Several years of hard drug use resulted in the utter decimation of my life. My process for reclaiming my life was greatly benefited and facilitated by meditation practice.
    One of the first nights I smoked I was going inside (I had stepped outside to smoke) and was suddenly stricken by paranoia. The infamous “they’ll know” threat from my own brain surfaced in my mind. I stopped and merely told myself “Everything is ok”, and the ominous forecast faded into the darkness of discarded thoughts.
    I realized that my meditation and contemplative work had paid off. I was able to decide what I was going experience. Whereas prior to meditation I would have been riddled (with self-doubt, guilt, and paralyzing alarm), this night I had determined how I would respond to the experience which determined what experience I would have. I could once again enjoy cannabis unshackled by fearful shame. As I realized this I was suddenly struck by the rhetorical inquiry of “You mean I could have done this all along?”.