how to cope without dope

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pixieface, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Pixieface

Pixieface Member

how does everyone manage when supplies are short how do ya make it tro the dull days????

2. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

By focusing my attention on Krsna and trying to please him, and by doing so, please others, including myself. Maha Mantra :)
    What kind of dope? I was struggling with a severe Morpine addiction myself recently.

3. Silverhare

Silverhare Member

Those days don't come too often but when they do I try do find something else to keep me occupied. Learn to juggle or play an instrument, paint a picture. I find that keeping hands and head busy help you forget that you've got no weed.

4. Pixieface

Pixieface Member

oh im sorry to hear that hare krsna i hope your coping ok?? i only smoke weed so i have no idea how hard that must be to kick

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i dont' have to cope

i choose to smoke - and i also choose to not smoke. i dont' have a problem with it. i fill my time with more things to do, go to the gym - hang with friends

6. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Yea, I am ok, my best friend helps me every single day, she always makes me smile :) And I am moving on just fine, got a new house to live in, and just generally doing great. Thanks you Pixie :)

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that may actualy be easier then it sounds.

by not creating the circumstances and situations that make you feel that you need them.

and THAT, ironicly or not, means not killing your immagination, however childish others may try to con you into believing it is to hang on to it.

then again i suppose you could say toys, like this computer and internet and a few other kinds of things, ARE my 'drug' of choice.

there are no dull days when you let yourself be creative.
    just a matter of finding something to explore to be inspired by
    and you've got just the tool to do so
    sitting right there in front of you

go take a look at biorust or elfwood or some of the other online galleries
    or photo websites by people who live in far away places with strainge sounding names.

=^^=
    .../\...

8. wiuf

wiuf Member

how do you cope? you just do. I don't need drugs, but I want them, costantly. right now, I'm dry, and I try not to think about it; drug use only takes you one way, and you go around and around in circles, copping and getting high. last night I had a dream involving oxycontin, coke and pot, and I was really upset when I woke up and didn't have anything at all.

unless you really have a habit (light drugs shouldn't factor in) it isn't that bad, you just feel bored and listless. such is life. the only thing to be done is forget about it until you get more, and in the mean time just get on with living instead of filling your mind with frustrated thoughts. the second being sober becomes bondage, that's when you really are a slave.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

If it's that bad... then just distract yourself... honestly... go and pick up a new hobby or watch a movie, or kill a Jesus...

Take your mind off the drugs... especially pot... it's not like you're going through physical withdrawals (other than a possible lack of appetite)... it's allllll in your head.

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

(((((((hugs))))))
    Go do something physical. I am a recovering rx addict and when I first quit I picked up running. Maybe take this opportunity of not being able to get any as a sign that you should quit?
    It angers me that people in this thread have such unempathetic and belitteling responses, especially when I know how much some of them have suffered to conquer their own drug demons. Oh well, Some people will always need to act as if they are on top until they get there in reality!
    Good luck hun! If you need to talk pm me. I will be home most of the day, just baking. :)

11. Pixieface

Pixieface Member

thanks guys for all the support i think the next time im out il just talk to you guys!!!