How Stupid Can Americans get Before the Country Falls Apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Oct 8, 2021.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Before and after the pandemic, both democrats and republicans hated each other more than they trusted their own parties, explaining how Donald Duck became president, and why everyone keeps noticing the money all floating to the top, but nobody is talking about how their population is imploding faster than any other on the planet. Politics that don't include survival of the species, is the Wall Street special.

hotwater likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Wizard in the Castle Administrator

I do not know why that happened, but am confused as to why you had to "re-login" as that is not normal.

If you had posted when the site was resetting itself for some reason, then your post would probably show up as a double post.
    Good lord, I did not know it was that bad.

My whole high school life was based on reading and writing essays, book reports and creative writing. Gather from what I read that I was one of the lucky ones who got a real education in critical thinking.

3. wooleeheron

The US is now the most nepotistic country in the world, all the ghettos have been walled in to increase the surrounding property values, and they're storming the palace with knives and pitchforks demanding lower taxes for millionaires, while almost none them even knows the dictionary merely contains popular definitions, so its safe to assume critical thinking is now what academia is famous for.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

So John Cleese seems to have summed up the predicament of the human condition rather nicely in an interview on his latest show,

John Cleese wants to know why we mispronounce Tucson

~Zen~ and MeAgain like this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This was back in the 80's, it got worse.

erofant and ~Zen~ like this.
  6. wooleeheron

Modern science will save us from modern science, just as soon as Wall Street agrees with them.

FritzDaKatx2 and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. erofant

erofant Members

I have no idea, Zen. I never had that happen to me before. With all the world-wide hacking going on from anywhere on the planet - I trust nothing anymore. I click on nothing that I'm not 100% sure of. I just hit the "back arrow" and got out of the site.

In the post I was referring to, I had included a good bit of historical info to give context to what T**** and his minions have tried to do to this country. I'll have to re-write it and post again when I get a bit of time. It wasn't a 5 minute effort. So many people didn't pay attention in school - or gave up on further learning after they left high school - I felt I needed to give some background info on OTHER countries' plunges into fascism - and the HELL that followed.

~Zen~ and scratcho like this.
  8. ~Zen~

I would like to hear more, it is educational.

9. Well,

Eventually it will have to go back to the Indians...

10. ~Zen~

Well,

Sometimes I think that would be for the best!

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. :tearsofjoy:

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. wooleeheron

Anyone can use an AI or neural network to copy the linguistic mathematics in my book, and use them to collate any data for anything low in entropy, or what's missing from this picture. In other words, its is quite possible to quantify exactly how stupid Americans have become, and to post the evidence in the public domain, anonymously whenever prudent. I'm still working on the embedded logic for the poetry, but once its done a home computer worth about a thousand bucks should be capable of crunching the numbers, with the addition of a $30.oo pcie card.

I'd crunch the numbers myself, but I'm too busy writing them. Its all Three Stooges slapstick, but with quantum mechanics thrown in requiring I simplify the math for the computers to crunch.

13. erofant

erofant Members

I'm old enough to have seen MANY things take place politically here in the U.S. Much of it - most of it - not good for the avg. American citizen. Greed is as old as dirt, but in the last 40 years here, it's been fertilized so many times - FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FEW - financially and politically, that some historical context is needed to see how we got here. I'll post soon on a rainy day when I can't work on my property outside. It's too damn bad more people didn't pay attention in school, or refuse to continue to LOOK and educate themselves in an ongoing, lifelong way.

FritzDaKatx2, scratcho, ~Zen~ and 2 others like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Senior Member

Unfortunately, this happens to me a lot on HF. I've learned that if I have been working on a particularly long post to save it first before I post. Otherwise I get the same routine Erofant ran into. It tells me I must log in (when I am logged in). And when I do so, the post is gone and I'm told an error has occurred. Sure has!

erofant likes this.
  15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I would say that there is a percentage of the American society that don’t consider an education a priority. Surviving is the priority.

erofant and Tishomingo like this.
  16. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Senior Member

It happens to me all the time. (But instead of asking for a new login, I'm just told that an error has occurred and the post is gone.) I've learned to save everything before posting, going back and trying again. The alernative is to keep it short and simple. What were we saying about dumbing things down?

erofant likes this.
  17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Senior Member

Exactly! Public opinion experts call it "rational ignorance". The vast majority makes a rational decision not to think much about such matters as politics or religion, but to rely on trusted experts to do that (Tucker Carlson?) so that they can spend their time making a living, watching sports, doing fun stuff with the wife and kids, or just vegging out watching mindless TV shows. This probably goes back to prehistoric times, when the hunter gatherers, after a hard day digging grubs or hunting mammoths, just wanted to come back to the cave, chill out, and let the shaman worry about the spiritual stuff. Unfortunately, mass communications and the internet have brought these folks out of the woodwork and mobilized them for special events like the January 6 insurrection. The "trusted experts are telling them that their whole way of life is in imminent danger. So it must be true!

erofant and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I don't think surviving is a priority for most, they can survive just fine.
    What is a priority is entertainment, at the expense of almost anything else.

Learning be Haard!

19. wooleeheron

The US is now the most nepotistic country in the world, and there's simply no need to learn anything other than the family business. We used to be famous for scientists and inventors, but banking is now the most popular major. You are either handling the money, or poor, which is the ultimate sin shared by half the damned country.

The entire population of the developed world is imploding, as Wall Street burns people like fossil fuels. The great white hope, is buying a wall sized TV, because reality is the last thing anyone wants to think about.

20. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I agree with this. I admit that I am not a sports fan, and I know I am in the minority. However, millions of people support college sport’s teams. Imagine if that support transformed into support for an education.
    Note: My entertainment consist of going to Walmart, rarely.

MeAgain likes this.