How Stupid Can Americans get Before the Country Falls Apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Oct 8, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I read a great commentary this morning on the Washington Post... It really set me off, as I have been thinking along these lines for many years... how far down the rabbit hole can Americans go with a lack of education?

Not only are many failing to finish high school but can not read. A real tragedy. Writing skills are non-existent in today's kids, except for the distinct minority of wealthy kids in elite private schools.

This represents a "descent into lip-blubbering, self-destructive idiocy."

"How dumb can a nation get and still survive? Idiotically, we seem determined to find out."

Other examples from the story:

"Our elected representatives in the U.S. Senate, which laughably calls itself “the world’s greatest deliberative body,” agreed Thursday not to wreck our economy and trigger a global recession — at least for a few weeks. Republicans had refused to raise the federal debt ceiling, or even to let Democrats do so quickly by simple majority vote. They relented only after needlessly unsettling an international financial system based on the U.S. dollar."

Add this to the mix of other fantasies like a stolen election, COVID insanity, the supposed teaching of "critical race theory" (which is not taught anywhere - merely debated) and you have to wonder if anyone went to school in the last 40-50 years... and if they did, what did they learn?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/07/reconciliation-vaccines-election-america-dumb/

2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

The sum total of what's learned by conservatively 70% of the population since at least Gen X seems to be the old golden mantra about how "high school is the greatest time in your life ~blah blah blah ".
    As a result it appears as if this segment of our population has decided to put the brakes on any further development in the emotional maturity department which leads to the lines of thinking where "my opinions are more important and valid than your facts, figures or science "

I kind of see the wave of wealthy folks building bunkers and compounds as a sort of Nero-fiddling as the smoke rises, they figure there is no likely chance of fixing the present state of things so they're just prepping for what comes next.

3. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It’s really scary. Seems as if millions have lined up to drink the kool aid and unfortunately there’s a fair number of educated people who should know better.

scratcho and erofant like this.
  4. ~Zen~

It has already happened... too late to take the foot off the brakes... I hear the following line all to much for reason:

"I think the vaccine is bad."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I think so."

No evidence, facts or thoughtful analysis, simply 'thoughts' based on crap heard through the media.

MeAgain, scratcho and wrat1 like this.
  5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

According to my own research, the problem is that all of civilization is based on the belief that time is a machine of some sort, and makes linear causal sense. Half the damned world has known since the invention of agriculture that its a lie, but nobody has had the mathematics to make it work any other way. All our mathematics are gross simplifications of reality, and modern civilization is based on the lie that everything must make sense. Even our academics have struggled to largely ignore the second grammar of English, because it contradicts the view of classic logic. Its a lie that makes money, that has made modern technology possible, but is also making Americans stupider by the day thanks to modern technology encouraging them to lie even more often, and believe whatever the hell sounds good to them.

Thankfully, stupidity reflect the default decision making process, and the current flaming idiot behavior of Americans should subside within 20 years tops, as the white population becomes a minority. They've simply been the vast majority of the population all along, and are used to getting whatever the hell they want, but even the invention of birth control, televangelism, and the internet have decimated their numbers, which show no signs of turning around. Once they're gone, the rest of the population will be able to actually have something resembling a functional democracy. In the meantime, its all about how to encourage the idiots to hang themselves faster, which is all too easy.

6. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

As an American myself. I can't even stand most of my own people let alone the shitty government.

7. ~Zen~

If you study non-linear editing techniques you understand the desire to mess with the course of history itself :)

8. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

I do not vote by party lines. I vote for the person whom I feel is the best candidate for the position. And who presents their platform in a realistic format. Not wild claims or unrealistic ideas.
    It seems that a TV reality star. Who only says what his base wants to hear. And not much of anything of truth. Who has threatened lawsuits against any of the schools that he attended to prevent the release of his school records.

But regardless some of his instructors have given some insight into his poor grades. Had managed to lie and bully his way into one of the world's most powerful positions.

There is a saying that if you keep telling the same lie over and over. Those less informed will start to believe it. And sadly that is where America is right now. And other politicians are cashing in on such stupidity. Using it to boost their popularity. And in doing so only cements the lies in people's minds. Power and greed. And not service to the greater good seems to have taken over.

9. wooleeheron

The desire to change the course of history is misguided in a multiverse. If you don't like your history, all you have to do is change universes, but mother nature never gives anyone exactly what they want, and the desire to change history will always backfire. Personally, I never wanted to change history, just figure out how to leave it behind.

10. erofant

erofant Members

I just attempted to submit a detailed post concerning this topic - but was rejected and told I had to log in to submit my post. I WAS LOGGED IN. The personal info and data that were required to "re-log in" were more exhaustive and intrusive than originally required to join here. Maybe the admins should look into whether this forum has been hacked to gain personal info and maybe ferret out "political undesirables" / opponents of the REAL OWNERS of this country.

My attempted post detailed how and why EDUCATION is the key to our country's survival, with historical references to past political world disasters and what led up to them.

I'm now suspicious of what's going on here - and whether OTHER fingers are at work in this pie.

I WILL say this in this post ....... Stupidity is why this country is falling apart. Call it out for what it IS.

I'll attempt another detailed post later. Lots of FACTUAL relevant info was in that attempted post.

~Zen~, FritzDaKatx2 and scratcho like this.
  11. erofant

erofant Members

A very recent post revealing HOW STUPIDITY is going to cause the U.S. to fall. Violent threats and desire for a shooting civil war are in this online post. I'll post the link to the article - which I just read myself - because it characterizes what other recent polls have indicated many "Americans" are thinking. Calls for a civil war are increasing, as is the call for secession of "red states" from the union. I hope for info's sake - the admins will allow the link to remain. Informative about the pulse of SOME "Americans."

www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/black-flag-understanding-the-trumpists-latest-threatening-symbol/ar-AAPpEOV?li=BBnbfcl

scratcho likes this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I have a feeling it will surprise you... There are some stupid ass people in this country.

13. wooleeheron

Who gives a shit about what the mindless mob called "Americans" think anymore? It was Americans who chose the supreme court justices, who decided Fox News could call themselves entertainment, Donald Duck could spend as much as he wanted on his election, and it was Americans who shredded our constitution and rigged our elections. I'll have to buy extra popcorn but, as usual, its business as usual, and Wall Street wins every election.

MSN and everyone else can call Donald Duck a cult, but they're fucking liars, and the only reason they don't blatantly call them liars, is because money decides what anyone calls a lie! Show me an honest American, and I'll show you someone hiding from the public and the law.

14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Education is no substitute for integrity and courage. There seems to be an entire political party filled with boot licking sycophants and sociopaths for whom power and self-aggrandizement are the primary values. I expect we'll be able to experience Fascist dictatorship in just a few years. Then we can say in our last dying gasp, as we did with Covid 19:"I told you so."

erofant and scratcho like this.
  15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As all or most of the politicians were criticizing trump in 2016--being very honest at that time by pointing out what kind of a lousy human being he was (and still is), but they eventually overcame their shock at just how low rent a politician could go and get MILLIONS OF AMERICANS to admit to loving him. Soon they realized that they better get with the program and start getting their noses up that fat ass of his---or they were going to be thrown to the wayside! Principles? Scruples? Morally defensive positions? Now, there's a fuckin 'joke for ya'. It's obvious that at this point, keeping that plush job is of the utmost importance and doesn't have a single thing to do with principles, scruples or morals at all. Hell, those sterling examples of fine humanity learned that NOW-- as a right wing politician, you can now say ANYTHING--regardless of the truth of any of any bit of what you say--just repeat any bullshit with temerity---and there will be millions of trumps kiss-ass MFrs that will bleat like the sheep they are-----y-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-s-s-s. Stay tuned and watch the republican anti-democratic tricks coming up. They are not afraid any more. And we should be.
    • :mad: :mad::mad::mad:

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This ^^^

snowtiggernd, erofant and scratcho like this.
  17. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Really, there is not a thing to worry about. All this shit going on now is the same shit that's been going on for decades, they just turned it up to 11.
    Train has been heading to derailment since before most folks posting here if not all were born and the sooner we can all accept this fact and let go, the sooner the lemmings begin their dash to the cliff and the sooner we can rebuild something better on the bones and ashes of the bullishit position we find ourselves in currently.

upload_2021-10-13_12-8-0.png

18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This reminds me of a time I was teaching graphic arts in a public high school. The administration decided to address the reading/writing problem in our school so they passed down the dictate that all subjects and classes had to have a writing component, namely an essay. So I assigned one essay on graphic arts, read and graded them and gave them back.
    At the end of the year the head of secondary education paid me a visit and said that they had decided to hand over a large portion of the district printing requirements to me instead of seeking an outside source. It turns out that hardly anyone had signed up for my course for the next year, as it was an elective, because they didn't want to do essays and it was either accept their offer or be laid off due to lack of students.
    That was the last time I assigned an essay.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

20. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

God Zen.
    From here in the UK I could have made more or less an exact same post pretty much word for word.

It is now 10.45am here in the UK and you could have set me off on a right rant about all this.
    But hey Zen and folks.
    That will only put my blood pressure up, and at my age there is kite all I can do about it anyway.

But I do despair about particularly recent snowflake generations who are learning Woke and Cancel Culture and Political Correctness and all about the world going to hell in a hand cart in respect of climate change...:mad:
    God.
    I need me meds and go and in a dark room to de-stress as I feel a migraine coming on!:smilingimp:

Will someone help me with some soothing words?
    Please!

Cheers! :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021