How promiscuous would you be if there were NO STDs?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Patrick, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Patrick

Patrick Member

I want to know do STDs hold you back? Would you be more promiscous if there were no STDs??

2. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

There are many reasons that I don't go sleeping around. Firstly, at my age, there arent many openly gay dudes that I would want to sleep with and who would want to sleep with me. Secondly, promiscuity goes against my values - I would feel terrible sleeping around with so many people who I did not know or love.

People who don't really find promiscuity a problem probably don't care about STDs as they can use condoms and such. Maybe not. I'm just saying that even if STDs did not exist, I wouldnt sleep around.

3. KewlDewd66

KewlDewd66 Member

Nope. Condoms protect from most STDs. Condoms are an absolute must with me. No exceptions whatsoever. There is no price attached to my sleep at night.

Promiscuity DOES NOT go against my values in the very least. I am a guy and I want to bust my nut with another willing dude. I certainly do not need to develop any romantic relationship with another guy, just because we are having a hot sex session with each other. (If you do, that's fine. It is your life, so you decide.)

The notion that a male has to or ought to or should be emotionally involved with each and every of his partners has been taken over from the heterosexual discourse and really does not belong to the world of m2m relationships and sex.

I see my gay identity as a very separate issue from the hetero identity of the others. I have absolutely no intention of mimicking their behavior or uncritically accepting their values.

KD

4. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

I'm not interested in sleeping around to start.

Why?

5. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

Agreed.

6. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

What the hell? Thats just a bunch of stereotyping crap. Heterosexuals have different values to each other you know? Some are promiscuous, others arent. You cant just throw them all into a group like that. That's probably how homophobia started - generalisation. I think you should rethink what you said there.

7. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I understand what KewlDude is saying, many gay men feel this way.

I'm just not one of them. It seems as though they have some sort of resentment towards all straight people.

8. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Hmm...I guess if you've experienced severe physical/emotional aggression from homophobic straight men, you do begin to resent them. Even though so many straight guys are homophobic, I still don't think it's fair to label them all as aggressive twits.

9. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

he didn't do, he stated that he felt different to the hetro man and actually thats not a bad thing, hetro sex is the majority, so to actually state that we don't have to live our lives standards set out by the majority is rather postive.
    he wasn't quite saying we shouldn't live our lives the same as straight people, just that we shouldn't feel pressured too.
    S

10. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

I came of age when AIDS was an unknown disease. In the early 1980's there was the beginning of the discussions of an emerging "Gay Cancer". I was in college at the time and discovered the wonderful world of bookstores, bathhouses and the gay bar scene. I was extremely promiscuous in my late teens and in my 20's. I was a kid in a candy store. Fortunately, I survived my wild past. I have matured over the years but, I am quite certain I would still behave fairly wild if STD'S were not around.

11. LJDV

LJDV Member

I am slightly ashamed to say this, but if there weren't and STD's, I would be alot more promiscuous, to a point. But it would get old after awhile.

12. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

If STD's weren't a threat... I would make sure I was on birth control and screw everything that walked more then likely., yea... I would have so been a whore.

13. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

If I were not with my lovely lady, and there were no STDs...

I would be a complete man-slut.

14. calisouth

calisouth Member

15. calisouth

calisouth Member

16. tworupeesoul

tworupeesoul Member

17. PresidentialScandal

PresidentialScandal Member

First, I'm not getting any in the first place, and second, it wouldn't change anything because I'm only into monogamy.

18. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

Good idea! Let's all pretend that casual fucking constitutes a pseudo- intellectual statement about identity in the modern age. Actually, let's not. Chances are, taking it in the ass does not help you on your quest to social elitism.

About the original post-- I almost definitely would be. Being afraid of HIV is about the only thing preventing me from bending over for any guy willing to stick his dick in me. I'd be at all kinds of nasty parties that would leave me sore for weeks.

19. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

Not at all. I have very little real interest in sex outside of a healthy monogamous relationship.

And if both the hypothetical were true and I'm still not in a relationship, my principal concern would be to find one, not to search for cheap, sleazy sex. I'm not at all like that.

20. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Yeah, I have to say, STDs have never been a major concern. I'm not massively promiscuous, largely through lack of opportunity, and the only time it's even come up was when guy I was into got the crabs shortly before we were meant to meet up. He was really worried that I'd never want to be involved with him again, but I just said "you're going to get them looked at, right? Well, I'll be waiting when they're gone".

I know crabs aren't an actual disease, by the way.

But yeah, STDs have not affected my sex life so far, so I doubt their absence would either.