How PrEP is altering the equation

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Si69, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

More and more guys are starting to protect themselves from HIV risk by taking PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) and are then looking to fuck bareback, without condoms. This changes the whole equation for those not on PrEP. Those not taking PrEP cannot be certain that the PrEP-taking partner actually does not already have HIV before commencing PrEP or indeed that he is taking it on an adequate daily basis, and it is only considered 90% effective in most cases and down to 70% in some cases.

Obviously it's good that people are taking precautions to protect themselves but they cannot then expect others to treat them as 100% safe and fuck without condoms.

What are others thought on PrEP and it's consequences?

Simon

2. skinny.jeans

skinny.jeans Members

I’m pretty sexually active and I still won’t go near it. I don’t like the sound of some of the side effects on certain organs of the body. If I’m with somebody I don’t know, I’d rather wrap it up.

3. Si69

You still really need to wrap it up as Prep does not protect against STIs, but I'm on my first month taking it day and no effects or problems so far. In future I will orobably take it on an 'event-based' plan......2 pills b4 sex and one every day you have further sex ending with a final one 24 hrs after your last bout if sex.

But initially just to check out if there are any side effects for me I'm taking it daily.
    In Scotland it is free and before prescribing thet test you for all STIs, hiv etc. Then they give you one months supply and then test you again; if all is good then you get an ongoing three month's supply..

An added protection.

simon :)

4. Si69