How People Change

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sadeyedlady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sadeyedlady

sadeyedlady Member

I used to post here a lot.

God, I can't believe what a **** I was back then.

I wonder if anyone remembers me. I don't think I've been here for about 3 years. I suddenly remembered it while I was in Amsterdam during spring break and my friend and I were looking for some information about some drug.

It made me a little sad to think about how much time has passed since I first started posting here. I suppose it is because I miss all the friends I never see anymore and I also miss some of the things about me that have changed. I started thinking about how I've changed or not changed since going away to college.

Here's a random list:
    I no longer write hideously bad poetry.
    I write mostly personal essays about the places I travel to or my family's bizarre history. They are not hideously bad.
    I still listen to Bob Dylan.
    I now also listen to really trashy hip hop.
    Physically, I am no longer awkward and clueless.
    I have DD breasts and fantastic figure.
    I no longer try to express myself through clothing (I used to try to dress like a "punk" or "hippy", I suppose. Rather, I wear what makes me look best, taking into account my height and body shape. I dress very well.
    I am the furthest thing from what most people would consider a hippy, though I still like some of the music and still love road trips.
    I am still a leftist politically.
    I no longer go to protests. I am unsure of how I feel about this. I still believe in the importance of protesting.
    I am much less politically aware or interested.
    I will work on that this summer.
    I read a lot less. That is, things that aren't required for school.
    I am incredibly more sexually experienced. It has been a very long time since I have been in love, or thought I have been in love. I have absolutely no moral qualms about sex, even though I was raised in a strict Christian household.
    I am still very bitchy and confrontational; I prefer physical fights to namecalling.
    I still love to offend people. I still hate people who get easily offended.
    I realize that with each passing year, my options are getting more and more limited. I used to think that in high school, I could be anything I wanted.
    I am realizing that I would much rather be a writer or an editor than anything else. For the first time in my life, I worry about my future.
    I have incredible friends because I chose them based on our common interests, and not on the fact that we grew up together.
    I have a lot more fun now than I ever did in high school.
    Feminism is the least of my concerns.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yep, you were a **** :D

But you and Pressed_Rat arguing was priceless...

Yet sadly, Matt still argues about the same damn things with other posters.