How open is your bisexuality door?

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by LowHangers, Jan 24, 2019.

?

Who of your personal contacts knows? (Spouse-Family-Friends-Professional)

1. 100% (All four listed above)

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. 75% (Three of this listed four)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50% (Two of the four listed above)

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. 25% (One of the four listed above)

20 vote(s)
    44.4%
  5. 0% (Nobody will ever know)

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I know we all have different levels of "openness" concerning our bisexuality and I'd like to hear from you about it since we're all completely "open" here in the forum, but how "open" are you after logging off this forum? Feel free to reply and take the poll.

2. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

My present wife knows and participates from time to time but I'm not comfortable telling the other categories of people in my life.

extrainterests likes this.
  3. ByCo

ByCo Members

I've been actively bisexual since my early teens. Twenty some years ago I was out with some close friends in a social setting, having a few drinks (quite a few actually) and one of my female friends commented on her biggest pet peeve when giving head, it happens to be mine too. I caught myself just milliseconds before openly agreeing her. At that instant I knew that I needed to let my closest friends know about my sexual orientation, at a time and place of my choosing, in order to prevent potentially awkward and embarrassing situations.

djomalley and LowHangers like this.
  4. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

I'm a very private person so the only ones who know of my bisexuality are my partners. How I live my life is nobody else's business. I once had a bi GF who got me into the swinging scene. A public encounter with someone from one of the parties convinced me to keep my sex life private.

dd788snipe, jmadre and LowHangers like this.
  5. Whorelord883

Whorelord883 Members

All of my partners are made aware before any sexual activity or commitments are made...I have a few friends that Ive told. I dont rub it in the faces of others and I dont make it public because of my livelihood being affected...but I am pretty open about it

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  6. Meph0673

Meph0673 Members

The only person who knows of my bisexuality is my ex wife and she has always been understanding about it.
    I think if I was open about it with my family it would cause issues so beyond the ex it's a secret.

7. extrainterests

extrainterests Members

I’m pretty much exactly the same position here too. My circle of long term friends although good people Abd opdnminded in some ways - majority of them I just wouldn’t go there in explaining, or trying to justify - and most I don’t think would take it too well. Workmates Probly a bit of both but fir the way things are getting more accepting these days - there’s still be plenty who’d Lynch me I reckon... but quite a few who might be up for a meet in the changeroom or secluded part of a workshop or storeroom for a servicing of each other !;-)

8. Only my BF knows

9. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I wouldn't label myself entirely bisexual. More like cock curious. I have a couple of friends that I trust that I have cammed with sexually. One of them I have met at a local location but though we were both nude we couldnt bring ourselves to initiate any contact. It was a first time thing for us both and it felt awkward. I'm sure we will meet again sometime though. Also have a brother in law that he and I spend a lot of nude time together and we share ideas and fantasies but I admittingly hold out on account of his total immaturity about it. He makes me mentally uncomfortable and I can't take a risk of his or my wife finding out. He is very careless with his actions and mouth.

10. Shadow22

Shadow22 Members

I told my most recent wife of four years that I've sucked cock. I enjoy the feeling of a hard dick in my mouth. She is not understanding. Slowly trying to get her to let me lick my cum out of her pussy. It's a struggle. I love the taste of my precum.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  11. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

That sucks...No pun intended...Hopefully she'll cum around!

12. Bicaptain My Captain

Like the Nike ad says, Just Do It. Forgivness is easier to get than permission. If you do a good job liking her pussy forgiveness should be easy.

jmadre likes this.
  13. KurtH

KurtH Members

None of my personal friends or family know (as far as I know) I've often figured if I was in a place (Book Store) and ran into someone I know, That it wouldn't be a big deal since there are really only a couple reasons to be there. Often thought it would be nice to see someone I know there. Could very possibly lead to a relationship with each other.

14. Bicaptain My Captain

I've generally keep my bisexuality to myself, only telling a few gay and lesbian friends. One of my gay friends told about one of his friends who was also bisexual but unable to connect with another bi man. He set up a meeting for us at his apartment. He laughed when he saw that we knew each other. In fact, we were coworkers at the same company, not in the same department.

After the ice was broken we both agreed we wanted to finish what we started so we retired to a bedroom for some mutual cocksucking. He was married so we got together when we could for several months until his wife started asking him questions about where he went Saturday mornings.

Another time I was at an adult book store in the peeps hall. The red light was on but the door was partially open. I stepped inside to see one of my neighbors, pants around his ankles with a nice hard cock. We recognized each other but before we had an award conversation, I dropped to my knees and took his cock in my mouth. His wife liked to shop so when she was away he would call and I would go over and suck him off. He was not into returning the favor but that was OK with me.

jmadre, LowHangers and KurtH like this.
  15. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I had a very similar situation myself. Back when I was using Craigslist to find guys needing a DL cock sucker or a mutual partner I connected with this particular guy. We arrange for me to meet at his home. The door opens and it's a co-worker from a different department...Oh shit we say. I said "Hey, we're here and we know about each other now...Let's do this". I spent three hours with him. We suck each other off, take a break and chat then suck each other off again, take a break and chat...We had an enjoyable afternoon. Sadly, that was our only time together and never hooked up again after that but it was certainly enjoyable but always had me thinking of whom will I know going forward and (being on the down-low) will it expose me?

16. BiArdorGuy

BiArdorGuy Members

I answered two, my spouse and a friend (my female massage therapist). Include psych therapist as three, but not on the list. I wish so bad I could be out to more people. My own family — no way in hell. Some LGBT friends — I need to be out to them but aren’t. Some LGBT accepting-friends/allies — don’t know how much I can trust them. I want to join some Bi activists groups on FB — but even a ‘like’ on one of the sites reveals more than I’m comfortable with, unless I unfriend and block half my friends list. Okay, I’m a coward…I still want my heterosexual privilege (for what it’s worth)…I don’t want to be shunned by my bigoted family (whom I do love)…I want to maintain the ‘public image’ I have (whatever that means). All this, BUT I also want to speak out for men like me…I want Bi-visibility to be a reality…I want to embrace and love people like myself who can adore both (or more) genders. I want to be comfortable as who I am and in my own skin!! What to do…WHAT to do?

17. Uhardrodnme

Uhardrodnme Members

I've always made damn sure & certain that no one on the surface of the Earth has ever even suspected that I like men except the ones I climb into bed with, and I intend to keep it that way.

18. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I dont really have a lot of friends and family belive it or not but the very few that i have do know.

19. Cumbrewer

Cumbrewer Members

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to how to answer. There are a number of people I know who I suspect assume I'm not straight. I haven't followed the traditional path of marriage and kids even though when younger I thought I wanted these. Nor am I gay which some have rumored that I am. I best fit into the bisexual camp. I've told no one other than people here and on other forums like this. If family or friends asked I would deny being gay while at the same time I can't claim to be fully straight. I like men and women with men being my current focus sexually. My answer is basically I am who I am. Maybe someday I'll come out as bisexual. Time will tell.

20. dd788snipe

dd788snipe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Only 2 of my friends know. One I nolonger speak to. I came out to him and we were FBs for a while then he changed and in his mind he thought it was something else that it wasn't and I had to walk away. That was a 42 year friendship gone. The other friend and I were drinking and getting getting stone one night and talk turned to what happened with the other friend and I told him. He was very understanding and he's trustworthy enough he'll never tell anyone of our other friends. My wife knows, by shear accident, but doesn't accept it and won't talk about it either. My family? Oh hell no. That would be a disaster and can never happen. I wish I could be more open but life as it is just won't let me. I know some suspect but that's all it is. A hunch. The only others that know are guys I've talked to online in forums and hook up sites and I have another FB and that's about it.