How much should I use?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by subHerban Greens, Jun 13, 2006.

1. subHerban Greens

subHerban Greens Member

I don't want to use alot to cook with. I am a light-weight and the stuff I have is really really good. Can I use the same amount that I would normally smoke? Or a little more? Or does it have to be like 5 grams?

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Eating it can be really overpowering. Maybee try 1g to start with. I ate 3.5 grams once this was to much even for a regular smoker of top bud.

3. towelie21

towelie21 Member

you ate an eigth? jebus.

anyway, Ive heard everything from it takes way more, to it takes way less, to theyre the same. I guess tho it's easier to cook in slightly larger amounts. Cook with an eigth, then eat about what it takes to smoke, wait 45 min, and if you need more, you got plenty

4. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Spot on.

5. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

1 gram is way too much. try 1/2g to start. if you cook it PROPERLY, 1/2g will be more than enough to put you on your ass for many hours.

6. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

If thats true I need to start cooking it instead

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Smoking weed is relatively equal to eating weed... the only difference is that its a longer high.. so if it takes you 1/2 bowl to get ripped then only eat say a 1/2bowls worth of food.. like say you put a 1/8th into a batch of brownies... and you get 16 brownies in the batch... figure each brownie is equal to 1/2bowl.. figuring you get about 8 FULL bowls out of an 1/8th

8. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i never understood how to makle them. some people say just dump the weed in the brownie mix and cook. others say you have to fry it in butter(or oil) til the butter is brownand strain it so you now have THC butter and use that in the brownie mix.

the second one sounds more promising, but it would cause the house to smell more and its more complicated. which one is right?

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

your best bet with brownies.. is buy a box of Pillsbury Brownie mix... it calls for Oil.. but you can substitute butter for oil... what you do is grind up an 1/8th of marijuana.. seeds.. stems.. leaf.. everything... in a pot bring a cup of water and 1/2-1 stick of butter to a boil... add your weed... simmer for 30-60min... pour contents into a bowl and put in the fridge... the weed will settle at the bottom of the bowl and the butter will seperate at the top and harden.. remove butter and dump the rest... ta da

10. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

does it stink up the house?

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

12. subHerban Greens

subHerban Greens Member

I made some herbal soup. I ground the herbs up and melt some butter, put the herb in the butter to sit for a while. Threw all of it in some soup, the herb and butter. I ate it and felt nothing. Well I felt something, but it was kind of like being very slightly light headed. I am never trying that again. Oh but I used a light bulb vaporizor! Aww man... tastes like candy!