how much peruvian torch?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by gib_0101, Nov 18, 2009.

1. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Hello,

How many grams of peruvian torch should SWIM take for a mediocre trip? Something not too mild but not too strong either?

Thanks for any advice.

2. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

start with 20-25 grams and adjust accordingly.

3. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

thanks CM.

4. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I ate 22.5 grams of dried powder the first and only time I did any cactus.
    A very relaxing experience, and it has some great synergy with bud.

5. PsychedeliaSmith

PsychedeliaSmith Member

I tried 25g and it was waaay too weak, it wasn't even particularly psychedelic. Everything had a vague dreaminess about it but that was it, I'm taking 75g next time.
    I'd say 30-35g would be a good beginner dose, it won't be in any way intense but it'll let you start to get a feel for mescaline cactus. :)

6. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

^yeah but that's pretty out of the ordinary for peruvian torch.

it's totally dependent on the quality of the cactus. some people get really strong trips off of 30g so if it's your first time taking a particular batch or first time taking cactus in general, 20-25 grams is a good place to start so you know where you stand... if nothing really happens, then you can dose way up, but if it's pretty strong then you're not suddenly in a trip you weren't looking for, and if you want it to be stronger next time, you've already gotten an idea about what dose to take.

7. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

BTW, how does this compare to peyote? I mean, would also recommend 20-25g if I asked the same question of peyote?

8. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

peruvian torch is somewhat different than peyote and a whole lot weaker. there are several other actives in peyote that peruvian torch does not have. the experience is similar in the general mescaline feeling of peace and well being but the visuals are of a totally different quality. the experience of mescaline feels similar coming from different cacti but each cactus has a unique feel to it that is hard to describe. pedro, torch, bridesii, and peyote are all diferent.

of dried peyote a standard dose is 5-8 grams depending on the quality. if you can choke down 25 grams of dried peyote then bless you. the other cacti tastes like pumpkin pie compared to dried peyote. hell fresh peyote is delicious compared to dried. :D

on the nexus people are reporting their extraction yields from torch to be anywhere from .4 to 1.4% so really there is going to be some pretty weak powder out there. 25 grams might not cut it. its not unreasonable to start with 40 grams. thats just me though.

9. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Hhm... I once order 10g of dried buttons from a legitimate company here in Canada, ate the whole thing and felt nothing but a bit of nausea. Since then I've wondered whether they sold me the cacti sans mescalin (in Canada, the peyote is legal but not extracted mescalin), kind of like those online companies that'll sell you bud without the THC in it. How likely do you think it is that I got ripped off?

10. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

honestly i wouldn't know.

you may have had 10grams of tiny, immature buttons. really though it could be a lot of things. i get my peyote from a roadman who goes down south with his son to get it from the gardens. at a meeting for someone's birthday last weekend i ate what must have been 6 grams or less and it was strong. we ate this over the course of the entire night too, so by morning i was feeling great.