How much does gas cost Frankfurt to Paris?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Mountain Valley Wolf, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how much would it cost in gas to drive from Frankfurt to Paris? My brother-in-law is driving out to meet us while we visit in Paris-----he says it would take about 500 Euros worth for the roughly 6 hour drive.

That sounds a little expensive.

2. Perilless

Perilless Member

Yea, that sounds way expensive.....unless he's driving a bus?
    Petrol (Gas) was about €1.49 per litre in France when I was there a few weeks ago.
    Other than that, I cant really help. I dont know the fuel economy of the vehicle, or the distance to Frankfurt....but if its a car, 500 euro is waaaay too much!

3. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

500 euro's for 572Kms Frankfurt-Paris?
    I reckon that's exaggerated for the fuel...:confused:
    mind you...gasoline and diesel have shot up in price tremendously lately..
    it's best to drive via Luxemburg if you wanna save on fuel..

4. Mountain Valley Wolf

Thank you everyone----he is driving a BMW Bus-----just kidding----but it is a BMW, and he has tried before to scam my wife out of money. I could drive the same distance, roundtrip for less than a $100 US and my car does not get very good mileage. I am thinking we will just send him fare for the train.

5. Crayola

Crayola =)

haha yea, "a little expensive". i think it'd cost something like 60€.

6. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Frankfurt to Paris is no small distance. Especially these days with the petrol prices in Europe skyrocketing like they never used to. Again we dont know the car, driver, gas mileage, route he is taking, tolls, but 500 euros is def too expensive.

7. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hi,

it's way too much money as already stated, even if you count toll charge in. But keep in mind that we have several cities named Frankfurt here. One for instance is near to the western border, which might be the nearest to Paris/France (if that Paris is meant). Another Frankfurt is at the eastern border, near Poland. And there might be others.

Regards
    Gyro

8. You're being bumped man. Check out the bus and train availability and price on the internet!

9. I meant to say that you can fly from Paris to Frankfurt for less than 100 euros.

10. The train takes between 4 and 5 hours and costs just over 100€.

11. Mountain Valley Wolf

Thank you everyone for all the replies. We decided to send him the train fare, but then spent so much time having fun that we never got to it. Then we headed down to Monte Carlo, Nice, St Tropez, Marseille, and then over to Barcelona. We thought we might send it to him after returning to Paris, but once again ran out of time after plenty more fun.

Too bad, it was his loss---if he had been honest, we would have sent him the money before leaving the States, and he could have joined us. And yes, he lived in the Frankfurt closest to Paris.

I must add though that the food, sweets, and the women of Paris, were incredible (My wife thought the men were great flirts as well). But our favorite areas were by far the South of France----for our next trip, I think we will rent an apartment in Nice, Monte Carlo or Marseille!

12. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hi,

looks like you had fun ;).

Regards
    Gyro