How Much Did Your Pet Cost?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by maryjanegirl_2005, Apr 27, 2007.

1. maryjanegirl_2005

maryjanegirl_2005 Controlled Chaos

My sister & I recently got a new German Shepherd and he cost bout 300 or 310 i can't really remember! My other German Shepherd Cost round 250..They both are from excellent blood lines.

2. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Not a dime, just lots of love. For the last 15 years.......

3. mariposa

mariposa Member

Mine still does - I have to give him a bill for all he broke, accidently ate ;-) and the vetenarian costs to fix everything he brings home.

I have a german shepherd too (totally black one), 9 month old.

4. maryjanegirl_2005

your shepherd sounds like a little rascal, lol.. mine are both really well behaved!

5. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have never paid for a pet, but I have sold a trained Alaskan Husky sled dog for $500.

6. mariposa

mariposa Member

well, he is a puppy and things happen and that time. He didnt damaged something very big, but we had to visis the vet many times. He catched every baby-sickness possible. It says that some dogs get it all in the first year and rarely see the vet after this time, and there are the oposit. Well, I hope its true :D

btw, this is my love (6-7 month at this time):

[​IMG]

7. maryjanegirl_2005

Mossey is the older one i got her in 2001, she is my baby! Heinrich is the younger one and he is my twin sister's shepherd. He is 4 months old and a typical puppy but, he is really a good dog. Your shep looks like my dog (mossey) sept completely black.

[​IMG]

8. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Nothing to bring my dog home. And I'm not even going to mention how much I've spent to buy my horses, thoug ....it's scary.

9. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

No cost. A friends of mine gave it to me.

10. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

Mobius our three year old boy we got for free from a friend. He is so cute and loving. We've had him since he was a tiny kitten who liked to run into walls for some reason. Does not do it anymore. Then a year ago we adopted Sumomo for $65. She is a year old now. Still as cute as the day we brought her home and her big brother Mobius plays and watches out for her.

11. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I got my Cocker Spaniel dog directly from her breeder in 1999, and she cost $300, no tax.

12. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

I have never purchased a pet. We adopt from the shelter. The fees are quite low and many shelters have already spaid or nuetered the animals. There are so many homeless dogs & cats who need homes, I could never support purposely bred animals.

13. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

We adopt our pets too. Since we have guinea pigs, the initial purchase-price isn't what we think of when we look at their cost... it's the upkeep.

Initial cost - $10-20 apiece
    Homemade 42" x 74" (sofa-size) cage - $35
    Annual vet bills (since we have OLD piggies now) - $250
    and daily hay, veggies & pellets - about $30/month

love,
    mom

14. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

We have a Presa Canario mastiff........she was $5,000 but that includes all costs and fees related to importing her.

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

the dog itself:nothing
    vet bills:none.. yet.. he's up to date on shots and was to the vet 3 weeks before i got him
    Supplies:$100

every dime is worth it though.. thats for sure

16. sabriel_pawz

sabriel_pawz Member

Not a single penny, all my cats were rescued. I wish people would stop buying animals, we don't buy our friends or children, do we? Animals should be adopted from a shelter or sanctuary, instead of paying breeeders to breed more animals, because there is so many just waiting for the perfect forever home.

17. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

My rabbits were rescues, so the only cost to get them was for supplies and the petrol to drive to collect them.

Our dog was something like £450; my parents wanted a pure bred pup and they forked out. Not something I'd do personally, but there you go.

18. RyJa

RyJa Member

My current little one, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi cost around $600CDN.

19. dusk

dusk Member

Two dogs, ive a sibirian husky he cost £500 about 1000 us and a pappillon she was £450, 900 us

20. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

i have a baby turtle and i guess it was $5 or something like that :)