How many things you are into and wish others would?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

From rare philosphies,to tastes, to talents so that they could discuss and feed back with you? Hipforums satisfies that, but would you rather have someone around that was into all that you're into?

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I am a 6th Century Celtic reenactor, I do animal rescue (mostly reptiles), I enjoy caving, hiking and vegetarian/vegan cooking and making furniture out of leftover and reclaimed materials. I do most of that on my own because no one else seems to care about these things. But I'm mostly cool with that. Would like a hiking partner though...

3. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

Zoomie, you sound really cool to me!

4. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Hmm astrology, vegan cooking, wildlife and nature, bunny rabbits, books (no-one i know actually reads anything other than leaflets and magazines) Biology, ancient mythology, religious symbology, tons of philosophical stuff...yep, im totally lacking people to talk to about stuff...its been pent up for years, its become all dusty

5. Zoomie

Thanks Mab. Are you anything like your namesake? That would be cool... ;)

6. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

LOL! Only in my dreams!

7. Zoomie

I'd let you drive a chariot across my face and make my dreams come true!

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Seriously?

That's badass.

9. Zoomie

Pavel you have to learn to pay attention. I've posted pics before.

10. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

If it wasn't for forums I don't think in my personal life anyone can discuss the things I'm intersted in. Some of which you mentioned.

Now that I think about it deeper, that can be a real drag.

11. Zoomie

Yes it can. Try talking to the redneck inbreds I work with about the heroic acts of Boudicca or making a balsamic reduction and they respond with grunts and barely intelligible half sentences about NASCAR.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I guess I must have missed them. I've seen pics of greeeat orange hair... but, maybe I just didn't realize that it was a reinactment or so.

How exactly was it back then in the 6th century for the celts? I'm sure than they were more than just a basketball team from Boston :D

13. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

*fans herself*

Tell me about your 6th Century Celtic character, please!

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

To answer the question though... out of all my great hobbies I really always wanted to find more people who appreciate Lou Reed's and Black Francis' genius.

15. Zoomie

I am Heddwyn (pronounced Heth-win, Welsh: Fair Peace) pledged freeman and apprectice of Dahlradia. We are a small band of bard-warriors, the last of the mid-European Celtic Clans on the run from the Roman Empire. We are wanted and are to be executed immediately upon capture. We worship the Goddess Rhiannon, the horse god and Camulos, the god of war. We are warriors, we are families, our women are our equals, bear swords, fight by our sides, drink with us, live for battle and die as free persons of our lands which were stolen from us by Rome. The skulls of our vanquished enemies adorn our door lentels. And our favorite color is plaid.

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That sounds wonderfully epic.

...and plaid, oh yeah.

Seems like a great way to spend a day though... did you ever attack any pizza places, trying to take the land back from the Romans? :D

17. Zoomie

That wouldn't be period. Besides, most pizza places on the east coast are owned by Pakistanis. I don't want to live in Pakistan.

18. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Damn Pakis... where are the Italian Roman impersonators who try to take back their land and pizza business from the evil Pakis?

How often do you do this thing though? It'd be pretty cool if it's an every weekend thing or so... I wish I had a hobby to which I could be so dedicated.

(By the way, I went to a Publix in UBER rich suburbia, and bought all the Wasabi Peas in the store (5 bags).)

19. Zoomie

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Oh wow man, that's awesome... it's also great that you actually found people who also enjoy this.

I also must say that the celtic art is beautiful... and I already love celtic music.