How many of you just want to slap on a backpack and wander

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Terrapin Station, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Member

i was really wondering because i am hearing more and more pople that want to do this and i really want to do it too. post what you want to do what you would bring and how you would get places.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Haplo

Haplo Member

I've been dying to do so for ages...I want to get an acoustic/electric guitar to take along first though. Gotta have some way to get some change, right ;)

Wayfarin poet, what did you do when you took off? Was there anything you felt guilty about leaving behind?
    Curious...

3. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Member

yeah before i leave i want to buy a sitar. something to do and a way to make money

4. mimosa

mimosa Banned

5. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

oh God if it wern't for my son believe me I'd be soooo gone!!

6. loopie

loopie Member

sometimes i want to run like hell
    but i dont know how
    and i'd be lonely
    and it would kill me
    to leave my kids
    so hmm
    guess i'll stay
    :(

7. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Member

yeah i love the digihitch forums.

8. loopie

loopie Member

yeah that's a pretty cool site

9. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Every time i'm at gatherings, I have all of these invites to go to this commune or that project and I have to turn them down cos my commitments in Newcastle. This summer gone I was invited to South America to work with sacred plants by a Shaman that I know, and I had to say no! Luckily though, by next June/July all of my commitments will be gone and I can finally start living my life full time!!!

Peace.

[​IMG]

10. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

When you leave.... what exactly do you do like? Sleep on the side of the roads and stuff?

11. a young hippie

a young hippie Member

right now i am saving up for a campervan so i can drive that around and keep a lttle bit inside it instead of having to pitch a tent every night. I f i were just to go without a van i would bring an acustic and mabe my harmonica so i had some entertainment

12. Haplo

Haplo Member

Well...let me tell you this, and you tell me what YOU think. I've been with my girlfriend for a year and a half...maybe a bit more. And I've always had the urge to just...go. Back in the day, when I was on my little runaway escapades, I got a taste of it...and it felt so good, so so good, the way my soul just soared into the sky, the way the whole world brightened....I want that feeling again. But...so many people I care about...I don't know if they'd understand.

13. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

Hey,

Backpacking..I've done that between 1969-1976..
    best years of my whole life..specially the two trips
    to India/Nepal+the one to West Africa in 1975..
    Emiel.

scratcho likes this.
  14. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

That's exactly how I feel, my friend...
    My job I'd have no trouble leaving for a while or permanently, even though I like it a lot.
    Most of my friends I would miss, but I'd still manage to be away from without trouble.
    My family would miss me and I'd miss them...but I've spent pretty much an entire 23 years with them, so I think it's fair to take a few months or a year away.
    My girlfriend though...we're together 4 years on Valentines Day(yeah yeah yuck, I know ;) ) and we are very much in love. Being away from her for that long is something I'm not so sure about...and beyond that, we split all our bills and rent...if I pick up and go, she's on the street.
    I know deep down she -wants- to go to...but as of late she's so wrapped up in worrying about school or work 24/7 that I dunno if I'll ever find that part of her.
    In a year or two she'll be done with school and have her piece of paper to hang on the wall, and about that time she's scheduled to come into a buncha loot too...but that seems so damn far off, and I want to do it now when I'm young and virile before a bus hits me or something :)

Ah well, now I am rambling!

15. Blinkandimgone

Blinkandimgone Member

there's not that much keeping me here so why not!!

16. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

I would love to..I don't know if I could do it by myself I'd be alittle scared in this day an age but if I had a companion.....

17. SaintStephen

SaintStephen Member

One of the summers when I go to college I'm going to backpack the Appalachian Trail. It's on my short list of things to do before I die.

18. dlo24844

dlo24844 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Beware going on the road in Auztralia.Vagrency laws still exist Love and Peace

19. sunshine'sbutterfly

sunshine'sbutterfly Member

i think it would be fun to just get up and go. but i would have to have a notebook with me so i could write about the things i saw and the people i would meet on the way to my unknown destination.

20. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

I'd do it again. and again. i been there quite a few times. i am enjoying my job and the prospects of having a future, but i would do it again. i just wouldnt want to do it alone this time. unless of course i had to. pretty much if i ever lose my job, thats exactly where i will be, cus i have a hard time finding new ones.