How long ?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Does it take you realise the movie sucks?
    and do you stop it (or walk out if it's in the moviehouse)
    Do you stay hoping it can change?

2. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

Prolly about 20 minutes into the movie... and I usually continue watching it cause i already paid for it one way or another.

3. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I can usually figure out if the movie's worth my time about 20-30 minutes into it. However, I NEVER walk out of theaters. I don't see the point.

4. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

the longest period i can bare a boring film is probly 30min

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i generaly try to avoid spending anything on anything that might turn out not to be gratifying, unless it's something i have to have to survive or stay out of trouble.

so movies that might dissappoint me, or for that matter in general, well it's not something that i can afford at today's prices anyway so the point is somewhat moot.

i think as much as it costs to get in, i'd sit there and eat popcorn anyway, or occasionaly throw some at the screen, or watch the rest of the audience. especialy the action in the back row if the glare off my glassess doesn't give me away.

seriously i haven't been to a movie house in ages. tapes are no biggie of course. i just take them out of the machine and give them back to whoever lent them to me.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

It used to take me about 20 in movie-houses to realize it sucked, and I demanded my money back with "I have been sitting there for twenty minutes, and I haven't enjoyed a single one".

I have gotten to understand that producers that bore you in the first 15 minutes have no intention of entertaining you the rest of the movie but instead they intend to torture you.

It's like the way some people use a hell of a lot of words to say nothing at all. Minimalism works in all the arts, but it takes a long while to master it...

7. ruski

ruski Senior Member

it took us 10 minutes to realise that "Cyborg" is possibly the worst movie ever made and an hour to overcome the laziness and switch it off.

8. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

It takes me until the end of the movie, when I get up and say "I just wasted 2 hours on a movie that sucked hairy balls----damnit"

I always wait it out and think to myself...maybe it will get better....maybe it will get better...maybe it will get better.

I don't like to watch a lot of movies in the theatre because of that reason...that and because it cost like $7 freaking dollars to go anymore. Geez Louise.