How long would you wait?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by LuckyStripe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

If you were trying to get pregnant, were my age (26) and it did not happen? They say a year I guess to see a doctor and I guess I am freaking out early (seven months), plus I had just stopped the pill before then.... so I guess I shouldn't freak out. But what how long would you wait?

The funny this is this question might soon be irrelavant for awhile anyways but I'm still curious.

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Usually they'll tell you at least a year...are you charting? I don't remember if I asked you that already, so forgive me if I have.

3. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Yeah, if you're not already charting, you definitely should! Maybe you're having sex before you're actually fertile. Or maybe you are getting pregnant, but your progesterone levels drop off too quickly. Or some other weird quirk that can be detected through simple temperature AND cervical fluid charting. Check out "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. A must read for any informed momma!

4. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

I believe that I read that it can take up to 3 years after getting off of the pill for your hormones and your cycle to return to normal. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this) I've never taken the pill, but my DH and I have been trying for almost 2 years. I've kind of adopted a "wait and see" philosophy. I think that the bottom line is you know your body best. If you feel like you have reason to worry, then definitely go get checked out. Even if it turns out that you're both fine, it can't hurt to make sure you're in good health before conceiving. I can sympathize with what you're feeling, I know it sucks to wait. Good Luck!

5. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

it will take me up to 3 yrs to have a baby and i'm 25 so we'll see.

6. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

depending on what pill you were on it can take quiet a while. start charting if you havent yet

7. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

it took my husband and i almsot 11 months...and boom all of a sudden i was prego...we had sex every other day for an entire month, trying hardcore..lol...and it worked!