How long does it take to

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Xora, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Xora

Xora Member

Develop a tolerance to good chronic.

Name kinda says it all?

2. March of the Meanies

March of the Meanies Member

Lol, why would you want a tolerance to good chronic. You're payin the extra buck to fuck you up

But I guess I'd say as long or a little longer as it takes to develop a reg tolerance? Guess it depends on the person

3. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

a relatively short amount of time...

if you smoke all day on friday, if you try smoking again all day on saturday you won't get as fucked up (smoking the same amount as friday), and even less on sunday... and monday... and so on

but if you keep it to, hm, maybe once a day max OR like a few days a week getting fucked up, i think you'll keep your tolerance down... not necessarily invisible, but it won't get out of hand

4. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

first of all you have to recognize the difference between true tolerence and just getting use to being high. If you smoke for the first time in a month, the high will seem insanely strong. if you smoke once a day every day after that, it won't seem the same about a week later. this isn't necessarily tolerance, it's just that you are used to being high, and it's no longer a "new" feeling like it was before.

To develop real tolerance it's usually daily for 2 weeks to 1 month. it varies for everyone, of course. Took 3 weeks for me, I would smoke the same amount every night, and after 3 weeks that amount only got me buzzed.

EDIT: this wasn't directed at you, Heather. you replied while i was still writing this :cheers2:

5. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

^ some people think that's all a tolerance is... you don't actually need more weed to get high you just get used to that level of high all together and it's no longer a novelty.

i'm not saying i think that's true but some people believe that ;)

6. March of the Meanies

March of the Meanies Member

Then when your tolerance is good n' high you're ready to move on to heroin and meth, DARE style :cheers2:

7. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

qft

it happened to me, it can happen to you! :eek:

srsly, nat kidding. :D

8. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Woohoo. Yay for climbing drug ladders.

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i dunno.. lets say for about the past 7 years at the least.. i've smoked nearly every day.. with no more than maybe a week break here and there.. like once a year.. and if its good dank... i still get ripped off 2-3hits.. sometimes.. 1 hit if its some flame...

i think tolerance all depends on the individuals body chemistry.. just like any other drug

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

seriously.. i wish people would stop comparing Heroin to trashy drugs like meth and crack.. just shows how uneducated you are about drugs

11. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

most people consider heroin to be just as trashy as crack, meth, pcp ect because they are constantly fed pics of dirty looking addicts like this by the media, movies and documentaries

[​IMG]

12. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

I can't get ripped in 3 hits of anything....

It takes me a bowl to get really where I want too...
    Unless I just don't give it time to kick in...

13. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I'm actually kinda drug illiterate. But you're right. Just going off of popular opinion, heroin is pretty much considered a down-in-the-dirt drug. I can't really argue for or against it. What exactly does heroin even do to you?

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

makes you feel warm and fuzzy.. in an absolutely blissful sorta way... tis the ultimate high.. but its not physically addicting like people are fed to believe.. its just mentally addictive.. like marijuana

15. Nero_Designs

Nero_Designs Inhaled Dreams

I honestly thought it was very addictive...

Probably because it's always compared to cocaine...

But really how is that even possible, I've seen so much saying it's addictive.

16. PhishheadDeadhead

PhishheadDeadhead Senior Member

yeah nero im pretty sure opiates are physically addictive too not just mentally..

17. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Wikipedia begs to differ. It also said there's a strong withdrawal level. So I would guess it's physical, as well as mental.

18. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

Honestly I don't think you will be smoking good chronic enough to develop a tolerance to it. I'm sure you have plenty of access to it, but what I'm saying is If you're smart enough to question the tolerance, you will be questioning yourself on these highs which will lead to some scary thoughts now and then. You will scare yourself away from it sometimes and take a break for a day, two days, maybe even weeks. I think you're also smart enough to not smoke it every day. It's too much a mental rollercoaster to do that anyway. Unless you smoke like 3 times in one day your tolerance will not increase.

Also Tolerance has a lot to do with the amount of smoke ingested. The hot smoke singes the receptors in your lungs, and they take a couple days to heal. If you are smoking tobacco as well your tolerance will be naturally higher.

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Heroin is mentally addictive.. it holds no weight on any physical level.. but the fact that heroin is EXTREMELY mentally addictive doesn't mean it still cant destroy a person.. you wouldn't call eating physically addicting would you? no... but the mental aspect of someone with an eating problem could very well eat themselves to death

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

if you believe everything Wikipedia posts.. then you're an idiot