How important is communication to you?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I think about all the things that I can do, that does not involve other people directly like movies, books, Cd's, yet I feel that comminication and exchange of ideas is nourishing in a different way. For me is very important but not just chit chat or gossip or simple blah blah.

How important is it to you?

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away
    Mildewed and smoldering. Fundamental differing.
    Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
    Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
    The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
    We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them tumble down
    No fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to
    Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
    To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it.
    Finding beauty in the dissonance.

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
    Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
    I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing
    Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any
    Sense of compassion
    Between supposed lovers/brothers

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I don't want to talk about it.

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

It is very important to me, I realized that when I was in jail, I may, MAY have actually lost my mind from not being able to tell if it was day or night for so long, and had I no one to talk to :)

5. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Are you writing a book? I'm not complaining but your threads ask a lot of questions that would be good for a book.

I think in order to survive I need communication. When my husband tells me whats on his mind I need to be on the same page as him. My children need to communicate with me. That's important to me.

Heres a question.

If communication is important to you how important is comprimise?

6. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I have writen over a hundred books,(not published) but mostly about the reality of things, self-realisation, how to look at reality as it is.

Feedback is very important. When I was travelling and writing I had no one to give me feedback. Maybe my next stack of books will be about the human experience.

Explain compromise (?)

7. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

It's important to me to hear/read what other people have to say. Although I do LOVE my alone time, communication's incredibly important to me.

8. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

i spend time sitting and talking with people all the time, communication is very important to me..it's why i'm online..i mean yeah online you can do a load of research and learn alot but for me it's all about talking with other people..i much perfer sitting with someone though..i can be shy in person, i do tend to open up more tho
    communication is how i learn in life, how i become a better person
    :)

9. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

communication...
    it's one of the most important things in life...
    could i survive without it? probably not...
    it's necessary to have someone to talk to. to get to know to, to share your thoughts with...

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not very at all. as long as i can derive inspiration from nature and from this internet, and i have a place to sleep and something to eat and a few toys like this computer to play with, i really enjoy these kinds of things far more then i ever do any kind of real time personal companionship.

if i could somehow survive without ever having to communicate at all, i would be much happier, calmer and more confident then ever i can be as long as i am forced to have to.

and i do not say this from mere speculation but from considerable personal experience of living in both modes. that of solitude has by far given me the greatest pleasure. as well as the greatest freedom from anxiety.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I too have derived great peace from solitude, especially reading and writing and sleeping under a tree breathing pure air all night.

12. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Were you traveling outside the US while you were writing? What place (s) inspired you the most?

Comprimise: hmmm
    When in an arguement or discussion with someone can you give up a little of what you want in order to make the other person happy?

(I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. I could go into further explaination once I reach human levels)

:)

13. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I was exploring my own turf first, as I explore every city I live in till there no single street that I haven't ridden through, or walked, before I venture out to another. I did that in all the many cities in California also, visiting them many times.

About compromise, I think that any relationship, even with a dog, requires compromise. I also think that love shows in how much we are willing to compromise to some extend,to make the other happy. I have been in relationships where the other person wanted to eat their cake... and mine too.

14. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

in any study done on humans, or animals of the like when taken out of socialization and put in solitude, they go mentally insane.

15. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Do you bring a camera with you during your travels? The photography you could have...I bet it's beautiful.

Yes. I agree with you. Love has been a huge factor in how much I am willing to comprimise. Even if I don't "love" someone but I care for them I will try to be fair. I know life isn't all about "me".

It is nice to have a slice of cake with 2 forks and a glass of milk.

16. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Boy I wish I had, specially one trip through Big Sur on a bike that took me 10 days. The view is impossible to describe since nothing else looks like that even in movies.

17. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I grew up in Mass. I lived there till I was 18. Near what parts are you?

18. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I'm in the heart of the city, Boston. I used to live in the great suburbs of North Cambridge with my folks.

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

communication is great just not through speech...think what it would be like if we all had to communicate our thoughts, feelings etc, in ways other than speech.. we tend to use the ability to speak in order to damn others and cut them down rather than using it to express our true selves appropriately ...

20. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned