How far will Trump go before he concedes?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by newo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Even Lindsey Graham was accosted by a mob in an airport because he didn't back Trump to their liking. The next opportunities will come on January 20 when Biden will be inaugurated. I'd hope the government is better prepared.

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

The problem is that if Trump remains in office for the next twelve days, he'll have ultimate command over the federal forces, which was I suspect a big part of the problem this time. If his horde of armed loonies get more aggressive with the Biden inauguration, any delay in federal response could be critical.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told his caucus in a memo that the chamber cannot take up impeachment until Jan. 19 at the earliest.

That’s a day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated and Trump leaves office. The Senate is currently in recess and only holding pro forma sessions every three days, with one scheduled for Jan. 12 and another for Jan. 15.

McConnell, R-Ky., said it would take unanimous consent from all 100 senators to conduct any kind of business, including impeachment, during the pro forma sessions. Obtaining unanimous consent is unlikely given Republican control of the Senate.

McConnell’s position on Trump’s future is unclear. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, McConnell’s wife, resigned from Trump’s Cabinet over the U.S. Capitol riots.

— Spencer Kimball

5. lion1978

lion1978 The King

The real question in my oppionion, is rather if Trump will ever concede.
    I don't think so

6. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

trump is such a cornball i dont see how anybody deal with him and his delusional followers smh

granite45 likes this.