How do you spread good vibes?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by pianoperson60, Apr 19, 2007.

1. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

Im just curious to see how you guys spread good vibes in your daily life.

As for me, I like smiling at strangers on the street, and I also do this thing sometimes with freinds, or alone, where we'll make little handmade cards with nice stuff written on them, and then go around and leave them in random peoples mailboxes. :)

Its just kinda fun to do, because you can really brighten someones day up just by doing something as simple as smiling at them, or leaving them a random happy note. And it just feels plain good spreading good vibes....and I think we all know our world needs it (take a look in the news from this past week...).

I also do Amnesty International and other volunteer shit, but thats anotherkinda of goodvibe spreading I think. but whatever.

Whats your way of spreadin the love?

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I do not try to spread good vibes, I live and I am myself. That is by far more than enough.

You do not need to spread good vibes if you yourself are good... it happens naturally.

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

um, unless you are not a well meaning person!

And why do you not need to do good for people? I mean sure, nobody NEEDS to do anything, but what is the harm in going a little further in spreading love and acceptance?

4. pianoperson60

Rubin, I wasnt asking if you spread good vibes naturally or unnaturally, I was asking how you spread good vibes, if at all.

5. ripple

ripple Member

No shit.

6. ripple

ripple Member

I always like seeing people walking down the street smiling :)

7. earthmomma

earthmomma Senior Member

I'm a big fan of hugging... but some people are not as comfortable with some thing that physically demonstrative... and it sort of defeats the point if it makes the other person feel akward.. so i'll take it down a notch to a handshake or a happy smile.. it never fails to amaze me what can be accomplished by offering a friendly smile! Oh i also love the idea of dropping happy notes in random mailboxes... you never know how that might effect some one... maybe that person has felt so alone for so long that they have desided to end there life and its at that moment that they get your note and it says their hand.. or it doesnt have to be that dramatic it could be an eldely person that doesnt have any family and is unable to go out and mingel with the world... that note could have been the only contact they've had in ages!...pure Awesomeness!

8. pianoperson60

^yeah, I understand what you mean about giving hugs. It defintiely does defeat the purpose hugging someone if its just gonna make them uncomfortable...(although it stinks taht some people dont like hugs, but oh well).

9. pianoperson60

10. oshinn

oshinn Member

i work at a hotel. every single person i see is usually tired and cranky. i grin at them and say hello in my happy voice. this may or may not be a cultivated voice i use only for work in the hospitality industry, it depends on my mood. i'm also a fan of Truly Tasteless Jokes. a sandwich walks into a bar and the bartender says, i'm sorry, we don't serve food here.

11. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i smile. [​IMG]

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I do not go a little further, I do not need to... I do good for people naturally, in many ways as it is, I do not need to force myself to do good, that is my point.

13. pianoperson60

Yeah and my point was, I wasnt asking whether you do it naturally or not, I was just wondering HOW you do it.

14. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I don't know. I just try my hardest to be genuinely nice to every person I meet. I'm never mean to people...even if I'm not a big fan of theirs.

15. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In other words, being the type of person you are, you never spread good vibes. Ever.

16. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

hugs and smiles

:)

17. pianoperson60

I love situations where you smile at someone and then it leads to you talking to them and havin a great conversation...happened today. :)
    *hugs*

18. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

I gave out a 1/2 g free to someone poorer than me. :)

19. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

I like to make gift boxes for people with all homemade gifts. I am making one right now for a relative I have never met who has been so nice communicating by e-mail. I am making homemade cookies, crocheted pot holders, homemade 3 berry jam, a collaged journal, and a homemade card, and am sending it off tomorrow.

I love to make hats for people, most anyone can come pick one out at any time. I have made 415 and am still going strong.

I try to smile at people on the streets, sometimes forcing myself out of my little world of self absorption, to recognize the God (good) in everyone. I know how much it lifts my spirits to have someone "see" me.

Love and Peacefull vibes to everyone !

20. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

I understand your point, Sir, because sometimes when I read about people encouraging a "hug In" or a "smile-athon", or driving their car around with an advertisement for hippies, trying to accumulate people to spread the LOVE, I get a reaction of sorts, that is hard to describe, like they are maybe trying too hard, but some other people just like to be more spontaneous about good vibes, and don't make a noticeable outward show about it, or even think about it, they just live their lives and do good works, and interact with whoever they do with loving vibes. This may not seem like a movement of any kind, but it is consistent, and will make a difference in the world.

I am not going to have a Love-in, or a Hug-In, or put letters in people mailboxes, but I will treat people with LOVE and respect, hug them and smile at them if I am so inspired, and always try to contribute to building a better and more loving world.