How do you rip and twist?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Dragonvine, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Eh? I have a few ends that are just straight hair still, like 3 inches, I've tried back combing them again (I know.. I'm sorry I couldn't help myself :p) And this hasnt worked :(

Will rip and twist do anything? How do I do it 0o

I'm sure its too simple... And I know the name says "rip and twist" DUH xD
    But I over complicate things :D

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

why mess with the ends at all
    best to leave em alone
    if they blunt they blunt if they stay loose they stay loose its how they wanna be

but

twist n rip

twist the hair alot then take 2 sections pull apart twist pull twist pull the sections u pull should ve grabbed at random

butt..you really should leave em alone

3. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

And this is supposed to do what exactly?

4. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

I'm not really bothered about whether the ends are blunt or not- But the dreads im talking about have3 or 4 inches out of the 5 inches undreaded :(

I'll post some pics once my bitch of a phone works

5. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

I've heard its an alternative to backcombing dreads, but I dunno

6. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Ahh ok, None of mine are that loose anymore :)

7. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Lol loose is an understatement xD I mean I can't even call them loose, its just bone straight hair >< meh xD

8. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

mhhmm think about it the minimum length for natural dreads is 4 inches, the reason being straighter hair needs more then 4 inches to move and knot
    itrs not uncommon at all to have yup to 4 inches loose atthe endsid say 90% of mine have 3-4 inches loose at the ends still well looking closer manty only have an inch to 2 but plenty have up to 4
    the dreaded parts at the roots will grow and it wont matter

9. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

especially around my front ones I have about 4 inches of loose hair,held together with one lil knot. I don't do anything with em though. Think how pretty they'll look when your hair grows super long and the ends are lovely and wispy-undreaded:)The top of my hair is dreading up realli good and tight and thick too. I ripped and twisted but only lightly and I only did it once. Fight the urge!