How do you protect your innovative idea?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by rubberloverhk, Jan 6, 2023.

1. rubberloverhk

rubberloverhk Guest

It's not a product, it's not a technology that takes many years and cost to develop. However, from time to time, I often have very special idea and tricks that I don't see anyone doing. However, it's really innovative and I am confident that they work. For example, long time ago I sold some very special products in my country and I was probably the first one ever and it sold very well and a few copy-cats started selling the same items for lower prices. I UNDERSTAND that it is not avoidable. Later on, they just copied my way of marketing and selling skills.

I know that it is not possible to monopoly something, especially for small business and individual with little cost and effort. I know that I can't succeed by just a special product but I have to increase competitiveness in all different aspects. However, what can you do, at least to delay or make it harder for copy-cats to copy it very quickly and easily in the the pre-release stage when you think your products or services are really special in the market?

2. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

NDAs help. You get everyone you talk to about your idea to first sign a non-disclosure agreement that prevents them from copying or marketing your idea. However if there's nothing unique about it, like it's already being done in other countries, then you probably can't enforce the NDA.

Marketing skills and strategies usually can't be protected unless you can copyright, patent or trademark something about it.