How do you handle rude people?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Deidre, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

^ @Noserider

Wouldn't expect anything less from a devoted Celtics fan!

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Thanks :) you seem easy to talk with, too. Ignoring people or avoiding conflict works sometimes, but not in relationships. Doesn’t work with my husband who is task focused, and a resolution seeker lol I suppose it’s good because then we learn to understand others’ perspectives.

wilsjane likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I hope that wrongly assuming that you were a guy in the past does not qualify me for a dose of your treatment. :yum::yum::yum:

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Wait until you have had 3 teenage children and you will know what being pushed to the limit is all about. :yum::yum::yum:

PS, The girls can be worse. :worried::worried::worried:

Eric! and Deidre like this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Guess ignoring them would be out? Lol

wilsjane likes this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

teenage girls are the worst

when my sister was a bitch id always hope her kids would be like her....and it turned out she had two that are close but not as bad

its fun to watch them fight

theyre calming down now both being in university the worst is almost over they are growing up quick

7. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I ignore rude comments generally and respond to sensible ones. If someone that I have to work with is rude repeatedly, I mentally anticipate their rudeness and am pretty serious around that person.

Deidre likes this.
  8. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Being an unrepentant smart-ass I usually reply with a pleasant sounding but snarky comment.

9. lode

lode Banned

I also try to at them in my catty replies.

@Deidre

10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

LMFAO!! Neo, you crack me the hell up, I'm in tears!!

Deidre likes this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are essentially three ways to deal with bullies (there might be more but the others haven't occurred to me, or seem unlikely to be practical):

the most obvious and least gratifying is to become one yourself (why least gratifying is perhaps tl;dr)

the second is to shame them into killing themselves (or at least getting a conscience instead if they're not completely 'retarded')

the third, is to start a religion. (yup, that's how and why i believe they exist)

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Four ways... You forgot "beating them senseless with a 2X4"

GLENGLEN likes this.
  13. fundoo

fundoo Members

It depends on the situation and/or how well I know a person. If it's someone I kindof know, I'll sometimes try to diffuse the situation with humor. If they continue being rude, then that's when I have to back off. I've engaged rude people in the past and it's backfired a few times, so yes, ignore is the best. Or if it's in person, a disapproving look. In either case, get away from the situation as quickly as possible, either block or walk away.

14. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Kick them in the teeth.......
    Or ask to talk to a supervisor. It's ridiculous how many rude people I run into in customer service.
    Sometimes I kill rude,dumb people with my wit and sarcasm. Passive agressiveness and sarcasm just swoop right over their pea wee little brains.

I've also been training myself into completely ignoring imbiciles and acting like they don't exist. They're a waste of space,and my energy.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

with a claw machine?
    boot to the head?

it IS always easier to complain about someone else's 'rudeness', then to look in a mirror.

16. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Ignoring them is definitely taking the high road, but sometimes it’s hard. :grimacing: