How Do You Define A Persons Age ?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by nz male, Jun 5, 2013.

1. nz male

nz male Senior Member

1/ How do you decide on what age a woman or a guy is just by looking at them?

2/ Have you been asked to guess some one's age or thought they were & then discovered they were a lot older / younger than you thought. Have you been told you look much younger / older than you really are?

How do you really know some one's age just by looking at them without asking them ?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

1) you really can't. i just estimate based on the features they have compared to the features of other people of various ages.

2) i don't know if i've been asked to guess an age, but i know i've been off as far as what age i thought certain people were. and yes, i've been told many times that i look younger than i am.

unnumbered question) usually, you probably don't. maybe if their driver's license is visible. or if they're clearly part of a class field trip or something. or if they're wearing a shirt that says something like "seniors 2009." the only trick i know of is to check for tattoos. obviously it's still nothing conclusive, but if the person has a tat, the odds of them being at least 18 go way up.

3. Crikers

Crikers Guest

I always over-estimate age. I'll think someone is 20 - 22 then find out they're 15 or 16 for instance, I'm just no good with numbers like that. Guess I still haven't grown up!

4. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

1 ) I agree with underwear, you can't.

2 ) Sure, I have friends who I thought were a lot younger, but turned out older. And people tend to think I'm younger than I actually am.

Unless you know their personal info beforehand, there's no way of knowing how old they really are without asking them. Although, you can guess and sometimes you can get it right, I suppose.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I just use my life experience and am usually very close

6. silk896

silk896 Member

1) Experience.

2) Never guess a lady's age. She's either 29 or 39 depending on obvious signs.

Those ages are acceptable.

7. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

Look at their hands, faces or bodies can belie a persons age but the hands usually do not.

8. Leila_xo

Leila_xo Member

If you see my photo you would think im 16-17 but im 21 lol

9. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I agree and it goes for me too.

It's impossible to really determine anyone's age by looking at them.
    What you see is always a combination of genetics, lifestyle and past experience.

Only if you want to determine a decade in which someone was born...
    The hands of a 15 and 22 year old usually aren't that different. You can't compare hands of a 40 year old construction worker, surgeon and painter either.
    You can notice wrinkles and liver spots, but they could easily be a result of too much sun exposure instead of only age.

10. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I had a guess at a woman's age recently & she was about 10 years younger than I estimated. She said her health & recent events had effected her looks thou & made her look much older than she was.

11. nz male

nz male Senior Member

A persons height doesn't have anything to do with their age either so you can't go by that method, can you.

12. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Yeah I don't guess women's age or weight. Suicide!

13. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Some relations of mine tried to guess our daughter's age recently & they thought she looked to be 16 or so. They got a shock when we told them she's actually 25.
    They told us they were going by her petite height & build.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i love how 90% of the time you put a question mark after a statement, and then here you ask a question and follow it with a period.

anyway, height and age do have a correlation in children, so you can use it to help make your estimation with kids. obviously no, it doesn't do you any good with adults.