How do you deal with being so different (or the same?)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TheLizardKingMike, Jan 27, 2009.

1. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

So, how to you cope with being so different and the same as everyone else at once?

I take deep strides to set myself apart from "the norm," even though I understand that I am the same as everyone else.

It's quite a paradox to know that we are all the same person in very different ways. So my question is how do you deal with this insanity?

At this juncture in my life, I find that I'm not dealing with it at all.

it's probably for the best

How do YOU feel?

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I think that it's hypocritical of you to take "deep strides" to separate yourself from the norm.

You are lying to yourself, and denying your own true nature. Ironically enough, this makes you just the same as most other people.

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I let my body deal with it. When I feel different I go, "ooo." When I feel the same I go "ah."

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I just...live. Because in the real world, it doesn't matter at the end of the day if you're the biggest fucking freak alive, as long as you keep on keeping on just as you are.

5. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

I do whatever I want to do.

6. TheLizardKingMike

I know that you and I have had our difference in the past, all I'm saying is that if you post on HF, you are already different than most people. I know that everything happens for a reason, but I feel that alot of people out there choose to believe that it doesn't. I would like to take the time to thank you, Rubin, for making me reflect on my own ignorance. For without you, this moment wouldn't be happening. I am eternally grateful. THANK YOU.

7. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

WHY?:confused:

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You're welcome.

9. TheLizardKingMike

Doesn't everyone? People love to complain that things aren't what they should be, even though it is what it is.

Life is the same for everyone, why do some people feel that they deserve more than what they have?

10. TheLizardKingMike

I believe it is that we are so much the same that we CHOOSE to be different. That is something I respect out of any man who has the courage to speak what he feels.

11. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

Unfortunately, some people do deserve more than what they have. People stuck in uneducated poverty in the third world for example.

12. TheLizardKingMike

I can't even begin to express how happy I am to have you oppose me, we are quite the same my friend, I'd love to have a drink, or twenty with you in person and discuss what life really is: perfection.

13. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

Do you honestly believe that the people who frequent this forum are that different?:rolleyes:

Maybe they spend more time on the internet than average people, but that is about it.

14. TheLizardKingMike

Lovin' it, stay the course.

15. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i hear what you're saying about us all being different expressions of the same thing. i don't have a problem with that because i'm a fucking snowflake.

16. TheLizardKingMike

You're right, all I know that I've talked to some select people who are FAR beyond what most people consider to be "normal."

17. Waking Life

Waking Life Cool looking idiot

i be handsome. the rest takes care of itself.

18. TheLizardKingMike

I agree with you completely. My question to you now is what is holding them back from what they deserve?

19. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

Nepotism, cronyism, and a few other ism's.

And probably the World Bank.

20. TheLizardKingMike

Coasting through life on your good looks, are we? Beauty will only get you so far, I should know.