how do communitys deal with child support

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by jaymzkson, May 3, 2007.

1. jaymzkson

jaymzkson Member

i pay child support and im looking in to moving to eastwind... how will i pay my child support

2. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

i guess you will not be going to east wind then....bummer those responsablities:rolleyes:

3. ninadepartone

ninadepartone Member

Child support is a debt, a debt that is YOURS not the communes ( banks and creditors see it the same way too ) you do not take a debt to any communal living situation it is just not the responsible thing to do to the commune or your child. you have a legal responsibility to every child you are a biological parent of to pay the child support until that child is 18. And if you dont pay your state ordered child support not only are you a piss poor excuse for a man, you will also have a nice new place to live; gray walls, a lovely barbwire yard, 3 hots and a cot and a boyfriend named Bubba.

if your child support is not court ordered and you stop paying you are a selfish coward and not a MAN, you are a irresponsible child!! a child says: "i want it, i want it now, and i dont care what happens to me now or down the road or anyone else for that matter."

HURTFUL OPTION: if the child's mother has a man in her life see if that man is willing to adopt the child and you give up ALL parental rights and you never see that child again.

THE SMART OPTION: wait to join the commune until all your children are 18 and not make anymore children with woman that you are not willing to co-habitat with on a life long permanent bases; IE, get fixed or use condoms and birth control every time so that no more unexpected children show up.

be a MAN pay your child support!!

4. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

damn - pretty sexist aye....

Be a woman - get pregnant ... increase the population burden

Are we buying into programs and continuing the old paradigm ....or becoming part of the solution .
    judging others when not all is known ... helps you feel self righteous ?

does that mean you are a good excuse for a woman ?

let's all throw stones

OK nuf sarcasm....but......

do agree with the first 3 lines - a personal debt is not the communities responsability.

y'all have a lovely - play nicely

Blessings along the Way ....ah the lessons we draw to ourselfs.... damn when will I learn to keep my mouth shut - lol

peace

Namaste

5. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

I agree with oldwolf,
    how do you know he upt and left? How do you know that the woman didnt?
    I dont know about the states, but in Ireland the law is pretty sexist against men. Woman gets custody, woman gets allimony and child benefit to "keep her in the style of living that she is used to". Men can not even legally stop a woman from putting their baby up for adoption, all they can do is put their name down to adopt the child and hope being the father will give them a better chance than complete strangers.
    Because somebody has a child does that mean that his whole life is over and he or she must spend the rest of it in pain, and give up all his/her dreams?? I am sure if it was a seperated woman with a child who wanted a change of lifestyle then everyone would say "aw wow honey, thats so great, wishing you all the best".
    Everyone is just trying to get along and live a happy and fulfilling, so why can't people give them a little slack.

"Let he without sin cast the first stone"

6. ninadepartone

ninadepartone Member

I only want the children to be taken care of. He may not know the result of not paying the support

7. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

I dont think jaymzkson said he was not going to pay ....

All he has to do is look into one of the other communities that are not income sharing ...i think you receive $125 per month for spending at eastwind...most likely not enough for child support.

life is not fare ....our actions have consequences....you can still follow your dreams ...your life will not be over ...just more limited

8. ninadepartone

ninadepartone Member

each action has consequences yes!!! good statement!!!!

i only want him to see how he has a responsbility to that child first and formost. dreams are just that dreams, great if they come true, but as an adult we all have responsilities that come first.

9. oldwolf

BTW
    I was a single parent - 2 boys - and their mother never paid 1 dime of child support...nor was she prosecuted by the system, nor did I press any charges.

10. ninadepartone

ninadepartone Member

the "system" treats woman who owe as if they owed nothing. my husbands ex wife owes the aunt who has the to children over $6000 in past support only oweing yet not paying 200 a month. the court pulls her in and says pay when you can.

11. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

the courts are always for the women . always for the womans side take it . and men get frig all. get dumped on.

12. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Namaste, O Great Sage of the Finger Lakes

Wow... it's wierd, or come to think of it maybe not, but that 100% describes me too.

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

13. oldwolf

AHO POD,

Roads different traveled often lead nevertheless to the same destination.
    Still and all come all to the One
    Be still and Know

And you know sir, sage more aptly describes you, whereas the fool comes closer to me.

You have used your time more wisely and gathered wisdom, whereas I traveled inner byways and have but little....ha I must laugh - I guess iffn you took the material in my name that would not be true - but I never saw nor See it as mine - only but what I hold till I am released from the joyful burden.
    The land has Blessed me over and over and i yearn to See those that would nourish her come and free me to wander again.

But so many have been distracted and forgotten their Way. And so while lessons are learned and we all come to our own, I hold it for those that will claim it with their love. For a while longer.....But all moves on, Change being the byword for these times, and we must all hold ourselves flexible and ready.

So I bow to you and call you no names save brother

be whole my brother
    Grow On ....Enjoy !

Blessings BE

Namaste

14. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

As you have said,
    in another thread...

This is true.

"Brother" is a term I do not use lightly....but ...

Namaste my Brother, I'm looking forward to that campfire.

Peace, your friend,
    poor_old_dad

15. oldwolf

nor do I my friend.
    but even though we have not sat across and looked into each other's eyes and seen that this is true....I feel that we have shared more than just words on a screen and feel a kinship with you that i seldom feel with most....

may we soo be able to say well met

Blessing & Love

Namaste