How did you raise funds for land?

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Vincent2012, May 29, 2013.

1. Vincent2012

Vincent2012 Perpetual Smiler

So, I've been planning for some time to start a commune in Panama (since I'll be living there shortly) but suddenly realized that I haven't planned much for GETTING the commune.... Kinda silly to have something so important slip your mind, ya know?

How did you, a current commune owner/member, raise money to buy/rent land?

Mostly, I'm interested in answers a bit more complex than "get/got a job."

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If you don't want to work, I guess you'd better panhandle and buy some lottery tickets.

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

going to get a degree.

i know of one commune that ended up getting an influx of several hundred people in a few years time. they opened up restaraunts and put at the new people to work in them, pretty much funded things from then on out.

4. Vincent2012

Actually, I thought it common sense that in effort to make money, one had to work--- didn't want comments pointing out the obvious was all. I am full well expecting, able, and willing to work my ass off for what ever it is I want.

I was wonder what creative, unorthodox,or what ever you want to call it measures people went to in order to obtain their communes....

5. Vincent2012

I wasn't able to get the papers, but I have a background in fashion design, and was intending not to make clothes, but instead, costumes. I also intend to make all kinds of crafts, and what ever I can make, do, or exploit (Might just become a hooker..... okay, not willing to go THAT far--- yet)

6. Desos

Desos Senior Member

get some skills or get someone that has skills to help everyone on the job that doesn't know what they are doing. stuff like construction, treework, crafts, baking, selling farmed goods. can function as a temporary income. even a long-term temporary income

7. Vincent2012

Well, I most certainly have a fair bit of craft experience... That's what I will be doing initially to raise money.