How could a hippie parachute into Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by hippiereid, Aug 21, 2018.

?

Illegal?

1. Yep totally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah probably not

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. hippiereid

hippiereid Members

I want to camp there with a buddy for a week but I need a pilot to cruise by and let us drop in, have a campsite and can get equipment there before arrival. Just need a breezy ride in, anyone know a guy?
    Not sure if it's illegal or not either but would assume not considering I'm just going from one state to another just not a conventional means of travel.
    Let me know

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I never understood jumping out of a perfectly good airplane...

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

You do realize Hawaii is in the middle of the ocean. If you’re flying out of the San Diego area, pricing for a charter flight to Hawaii starts around $65,000

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

helicopter for about 800 an hour

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

We had this conversation before.. :)

If he left the California coast in a helicopter. He would die around the black dot..

[​IMG]

Toasted Oats, skip and eggsprog like this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But he could parachute out and drift for 3 days before being eaten by a shark....

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't see why skydiving would be illegal in hawaii. but as others have said, it doesn't seem like a good way to actually travel there. if you must parachute in hawaii, your best bet is to fly to hawaii, get out at the airport like everyone else, and charter a skydiving company once you're there.

is this about wanting to bring your weed with you and avoid the airport security? don't worry, i'm pretty sure hawaii is about the easiest place i've been to just walk down the street and find a guy selling.

9. skip

skip Founder Administrator

There are many outfits that will either helicopter you into some remote site, like Kalaulau Valley on Kauai.
    Or you can just get a boat to take you and your gear there (one of the most scenic boat rides you will ever take!)

If you like skydiving, how about hang gliding over Maui? I used to take a friend up Haleakela and pick him up way down the volcano after his flight.

Running Horse and scratcho like this.
  10. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Grab a cheap flight to Hawaii, if one exists. Just hitchhike to where you want to go.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Average helicopter fee per 5mins to 15min $150-$350. Even on the island itself renting such things would be super expensive.
    Some airplanes would be cheaper if you wanted to jump out..
    Last but not least. Skydiving requires a course of 6 or 7 jumps to be allowed to do it on your own. Unless your get the crash course- its when you learn how to jump out the plane because its about the crash..

12. hippiereid

hippiereid Members

Cargo ship?

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

14. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

The free method is hijack a plane.

C/S,
    Rev J

15. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

Reuters; January 12 2023

The bodies of campers missing for 3 years have been discovered in Hawaii. They were discovered by a local guide. Police determined that they were assholes and the case was closed.