How come??????????

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Nermidi, May 11, 2004.

1. Nermidi

Nermidi Member

I had this question in my head for a long time and it just makes me wonder what is the us government all about.

They are pushing those TV adds about extacy and marijuana but I see no mention about crack cocaine, which is a much bigger broblem in the us given what it does to people and how widely it is used.

Now, what do you people think about that?It should make you question your government.
    I have my own theory about that and I wanna see your opinions....

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Law enforcment uses cocain and other amphetimines to enhance performance? Their assholes?

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what a crazy species we are.

4. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

Why aren't they showing more about the consequences of alcohol? That is more dangerous and widely used than marijuana And to make matters worse, it's legal. How widely reported stories do you hear of a huge car crash that kills because the driver was stoned? The times I have read about people hurting others in car crashes etc while on drugs, it has not just on marijuana that they were on.

Now my american history is a little rusty, but isn't the only reason marijuana was made illegal in the first place was because back when the were trying to set up trade and wares, they decided to sell tobacco, because it was more profitable? Something to that effect.

5. God

God Member

The reason psychedelic drugs are outlawed is because they want to control the minds of the masses of ignorant people, in order to keep them ignorant. The same reason 'crazies' are locked up in mental institutions. We can't have madness spreading, now can we???

The American Government is an evil organization, but then again, I'm just stating the obvious.

6. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

They will never make alcohol illegal. At least, Im not betting on this century. So many have to die, and so many families torn apart before that happens.

On those commercials about someone being killed in a car accident, they always mention the person had marijuana in their system. But they were also drinking. What if they didnt even smoke that night? What if they hadnt smoked in weeks and it was just sitting there being stored in their fat cells? But they just have to mention the marijuana part...

I dont smoke and drive, its just my own policy. Id hate to have something tragic happen. So I dont put myself in that situation. It doesnt mean that I havent. In fact, I drive the speed limit, pay more attention to pedestrians and actually feel Im a better driver stoned, than not.

I hate all those commercials about marijuana and extacy. Not only is it depressing, the facts are most often wrong, or skewed to all hell.

Peace Pipes,
    Jessica

7. LadyComet

LadyComet Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have seen heroin and crack ruin more lives than I have ever seen marijuana/alcohol. It is stupid on how biased the media makes us see things. I would much rather see people smke pot than do up crack and heroin. My daughter's best friend has to live with a drug addict dad who always yells because he isn't high on crack. She comes over all the time just to get away from things.

8. Nermidi

Nermidi Member

Government is just scared that if a lot of people get high on x or pot, it will make them question why this and why that like it has donne to a lot of peeps.They are frightened of another big civil rights movement as they have lurned their lesson in the 60s and 70s.They don't want to loose their jobs which allow them to do nothng yet make big money which they don't deserve.Everyone in the bush administration owns a huge company or two that is dependent on lies, propaganda and distraction of natural goods which leeds to human apocalipse in the near or distant future.Most of People who get high on pot or x start somehow seeing what the government is doing and start giving them their peice of mind which endengers their way of life and they don't like it.

On the other hand, crack doesn't make you think all that much given what is in it like ammonia, plastic, rat poison and so on.Crack just makes people worry way too much about how to get their next high and not much else which leads to destraction of lives that are not important to those on top, like the poor and homeless.Crack is a friend to some.

Some time ago I was watching cops on tv and they pool this guy over who was under the suspicion of looking for drugs.They didnt find anything on him but he confesed that he was looking for some weed so they couldnt arrest him for that.When he was leaving, he asked them why is it that he can find crack all over the place and not a trace of weed anywhere.This cop just looked at him and sead, "I thnk you should go home".

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

don't know... haven't yet invested a whole lot of time in being paranoid about that just yet...

10. grow your own music

grow your own music el kabong

call me crazy, but i believe the man help put crack in l.a. i also agree that they don't want to think too much...they like the worker bee drugs...maybe i'm lossing it

11. hiro

hiro pursue it

The government does not make those ad's on tv. Phillip Morris and truth does. So bitch to them about what they should be trying to promote. The government should do ad but don't.

12. ::TheConcreteGirl::

::TheConcreteGirl:: Senior Member

My guess is that with the soft drug ad campaigns, theyre hoping to shoot two birds with one bullet. Mainly, they target the younger teens in thos commercials, thinking hey, If we can keep them off this stuff, maybe theyll stay away from the rest...cuz honestly...whos gonna do crack on their first drug experience? not many..theyre more likely to start with pot or E or something and escelate from there... hmm..and alcohol..Ive never seen an add about NOT drinking...other then drunk driving..but they seem to have a lot of AADAC commercials..maybe idf they did have "dont drink" commercials there wouldnt be so many AADAC ones? Just my thoughts...

13. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

nice post, concrete. and we all know that people on crack don't own telievisions. they sold them to buy more crack. ;)

14. ::TheConcreteGirl::

::TheConcreteGirl:: Senior Member

hahah..good point...personally..I dont need them commercials...if ever I got the inkling to try it (yeah right), my brother is my anti-drug campaign..hes practically an alcky and the only thing he hasnt touched as far as i know is heroin..cuz he says its dirty..i look at his life and how his lifestyle is swallowing him and im too freaked out to even think abot it!

15. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Well...the anti cigarette ads are there to annoy you so badly that you end up wanting a cigarette, which in turn adds to the profits of the cig co's.

The pot, the war, the patriotism...they're tryng to turn us back to the early 1900's all over again. Everyone waving flags and speaking of the evils of mary jane (reefer madness).