How come rock stars aren't a threat to the american way of life anymore?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Voyage, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

now its different "cultures" and gays, right? i can't keep up with this shit anymore.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbq3Ze6Qas"]Rock & Roll - Bill Hicks - YouTube

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I don't know, I'd say by now everyone's just gotten bored of Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne can't even form a coherent sentence, let alone threaten the American way of life.

3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Because the big banks on Wall Street already finished it off.

Before that, big record companies killed real music, then American Idol pissed on the corpse.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

There haven't been "rock stars" since the 90s.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

MM and Ozzy are both living the American way of life to the fullest :p

6. acuarela

acuarela Member

So true!

I love Bill Hicks.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

How is he taking away freedom of choice?

8. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Because the CIA had moved on to rappers before the turn of the CE

9. Asmodean

People are so stupid with certain things. Unless you're perhaps on a workplace where you aren't in control of the radio it is pretty easy to avoid any rubbish music. When you are aware the mainstream music industry is only serving the industry and not music lovers I'd say why get pissed of by people like Cowell. Because other people seem to support that industry in their ignorance I guess.. I see, well I just focus on the good stuff myself :p

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That seems to be the standard European point of view. :rolleyes:

Those two have nothing in common with anybody I know. Southern California is not America.

11. Asmodean

Yes, that's young people. I was equally gullible at age 12 too. I think it's not the problem that they are easily influenced but that they are targeted by industries (and because of that slowly by the rest of society including parents) as if they were adults. They are not, they are gullible and will spend their money accordingly. They have become a big target market which entire industries depend upon.

12. Asmodean

I'm not saying because a generalization is true that all your american friends indulge in the same way. You can deny all you want but the stereotype is not there for nothing. There is a big chance though that the average american would indulge in the same way if they got loaded with money. I'm also not saying that the average person in my country wouldn't do the same but as it happens the generalization about the american way of life stands as a rock.

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

someones been watching too many american movies...

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It's there because the media puts it there. I only see it on TV and online, just like you do.

Who knows, and who really cares? It's just a fantasy for 99+% of the world's population. The fact that southern California is within the borders of the country I live in means very little to me. It would take many hours to fly there in a jet.

Reality is, most Americans don't live like rock stars, don't go to those places, and don't know any of those people. Just like you.

15. odonII

odonII O

Come on...there is more than him on the panel, and after a certain point it's up to the public. There is also only one winner, with the top 2-3 having an ok chance of making it. Contrast that with the plethora of music that is made every year. Simon probably still wishes it was the 80s/90's - but it isn't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

Olly is there, and ...er, mmmmm

16. Asmodean

I've heard many americans proclaim the same. It's not just the general european outlook at all. And as you can see it's also not just the media.

orly.

17. odonII

odonII O

Willy Blue

The point is, the amount of acts that are generated from shows like that, and the amount that is produced elsewhere. You might have been right 25 years ago. Possibly half right 15 years. But now? How can Simon outweigh the plethora of music that is produced. Just a small sample taken from the most recent top 40 proved my point, I thought. Obviously not.

If you are so observant with regards to what Simon is involved in, how come you are so oblivious to the other 99.9% of other options that are out there?

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

:eek: :ack2: Keith Moon is turning over in his grave. :(

19. odonII

odonII O

Probably not ;)

[​IMG]

20. Asmodean

You're looking in the wrong place... as I thought you knew too.

Duh! Lots of talent in most countries. Go on a search without looking at some lame competition that focusses on entertainment and cashcows instead of creativity and good music. Just because they are in your face doesn't say anything except that you're most likely not selective enough.

21. Asmodean

Give me give me give me... I would rather have... Yes, I know you didn't ment it like that. Stop focussing on the shit man, before you turn grumpy. It can indeed be agrivating to see people think those acts are creative and the best out there because of the show and marketing but there's enough people out there that make the difference you would like to see. Except they're not on the mainstream channel often, that would be ideal.. ah well can't have it all I guess.